Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Lol don’t bother.
    Even the guys on ESPN said that’s probably why he was arguing. It’s all
    part of the chess game.

Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Even the guys on ESPN said that’s probably why he was arguing. It’s all
    part of the chess game.
    So it was strategic and calculated. Not cheating.

Comparing it to chess does not preclude cheating p.s. I don't usually think chess when I hear sec
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/chess-c.en-11664911524

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    So it was strategic and calculated. Not cheating.
    10-4. Darn good coaching move, O’Sullivan messed up on the visit count then quickly pivoted to “arguing” to buy his guy three extra warm up pitches.

Brilliant move, unless you’re an opposing fan.

Should have been starting with a 3-0 count to next batter, who would have walked, and I believe walked in a run?

6. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Another 1 run game into the books. This CWS surely has not disappointed . . . almost game time again . . .

On the one hand late inning runs are exciting and people seem to like them (despite the large pct of fans that leave games early)
    Or on the other hand 9 out of 11 omaha 2023 games have seen runs scored in the 8th or 9th inning. Could that be a sign that maybe games should go down to 7 innings since bullpen can't support nine. And the big boys that can pay more relievers have the adv against tired staffs? I don't think 80pct of mlb games have runs in 8th or 9th

8. Default Re: 2023 CWS

we get Thursday night college baseball now . . .

I would like to see the championship of college baseball decided in a way that the teams involved are playing a game that’s similar to what’s been played all year to get to that point.

Playing in a stadium that is enormous and that has a stiff prevailing wind blowing directly in from center field at this time of the year makes the game being playing for the title nearly a completely different game than the game these teams have all played to reach this point.

Rosenblatt played like what most teams played all year. Charles Schwab Stadium, while magnificent, creates something totally different.

It’s like playing the college football national title game using Canadian football rules.

It’s a bit more fair down the lines, but so many balls that would have been HRs all year that have been hit to CF are routine fly balls in this park. And it totally changes the approach of the hitters.

Granted, nearly every game has been close and this has been a really good CWS overall, I just think it’s weird to play a certain way for 60 games to get to the point of playing for a national title, and then having to change it for the last 6-7 games that decide the champ

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I would like to see the championship of college baseball decided in a way that the teams involved are playing a game that’s similar to what’s been played all year to get to that point.

Playing in a stadium that is enormous and that has a stiff prevailing wind blowing directly in from center field at this time of the year makes the game being playing for the title nearly a completely different game than the game these teams have all played to reach this point.

Rosenblatt played like what most teams played all year. Charles Schwab Stadium, while magnificent, creates something totally different.

It’s like playing the college football national title game using Canadian football rules.

It’s a bit more fair down the lines, but so many balls that would have been HRs all year that have been hit to CF are routine fly balls in this park. And it totally changes the approach of the hitters.

Granted, nearly every game has been close and this has been a really good CWS overall, I just think it’s weird to play a certain way for 60 games to get to the point of playing for a national title, and then having to change it for the last 6-7 games that decide the champ
    Where's your suggestion for the game to be played?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Where's your suggestion for the game to be played?
    I don’t have one. I was just pointing out that it’s a different game in that park than it is during the regular season, regionals and super regionals.

Not a single team has scored more than 6 runs in a game during the CWS. And in the 12 games that have been played, teams have scored 3 or less 10 times. And 2 or less in 6 of those games.

That’s not what college baseball was all season.

My point was that it’s weird to decide the champion by playing a different game than what teams played all season.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I don’t have one. I was just pointing out that it’s a different game in that park than it is during the regular season, regionals and super regionals.

Not a single team has scored more than 6 runs in a game during the CWS. And in the 12 games that have been played, teams have scored 3 or less 10 times. And 2 or less in 6 of those games.

That’s not what college baseball was all season.

My point was that it’s weird to decide the champion by playing a different game than what teams played all season.
    I agree its weird being a different style at the end, however I wish this style was how baseball was played all year at every park. Certainly would favor our style of play and i think it levels the playing field

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I wish this style was how baseball was played all year at every park.
    My sentiments exactly!

14. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Pitching gets better across the board the further you get into the playoffs. New stars are found on the mound. That has just as much impact on scoring as the conditions associated with this field.

I’m sure Omaha didn’t build a new stadium downtown without a long term NCAA deal.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread Information