Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: 2023 CWS

Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Definitely hasn't robbed anyone of anything and I said I prefer it this way. If all stadiums were setup this way, I think you would see several different teams make it to Omaha each year. The original point is these teams didn't get there with this brand of baseball, and i wish it were the same. I also don't want gorilla ball in Omaha, so id rather this brand be played everywhere all year. Teams who can drive the ball, create offense and run the bases can thrive in omaha.its just hard to get there going on the road and beating these teams at gorilla ball
    I think that’s what I’ve been trying to say but you said it better ��

2. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Folks, it’s baseball. Other than the distance between bases and the distance from the rubber to the plate, no two baseball stadiums in the country have the same dimensions or orientation relative to outside forces.

3. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Folks, it’s baseball. Other than the distance between bases and the distance from the rubber to the plate, no two baseball stadiums in the country have the same dimensions or orientation relative to outside forces.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Unique stadiums are part of what makes baseball great.

4. Default Re: 2023 CWS

It will be interesting to see how these two teams playing tonight maneuver pitching availability. Will they position to get to the finals or position to win if they get to the finals . . .

It will be interesting to see how these two teams playing tonight maneuver pitching availability. Will they position to get to the finals or position to win if they get to the finals . . .
    Anybody who isn't managing to win tonight shouldn't be coaching baseball. You're gonna see LSU's ace tonight.

6. Default Re: 2023 CWS

I will watch then reassess your qualifications as a coach . . . how about Wake’s ace . . .

I will watch then reassess your qualifications as a coach . . . how about Wake’s ace . . .
    I'm probably not qualified to be a college baseball coach, but my thought would be if the goal is to win the whole thing and not just tonight I'm saving my ace for game one of the finals. You're already in the head of the WF team. They're already beat. Save Skenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I'm probably not qualified to be a college baseball coach, but my thought would be if the goal is to win the whole thing and not just tonight I'm saving my ace for game one of the finals. You're already in the head of the WF team. They're already beat. Save Skenes.
    You never save anyone when it is an advance or end your season game. You try to win tonight and play your cards from there. You are definitely not qualified to be any kind of coach at any level.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    You are definitely not qualified to be any kind of coach at any level.
    No ____, I already admitted that.

There’s also the matter of him having thrown once a week all season and now asking him to go on short rest after a 120 pitch outing.

I don’t think there’s an issue with that, but Skenes is a special case being lined up to be a multi-millionaire in a matter of days.

11. Default Re: 2023 CWS

My thought is if Skeenes is on a relatively short pitch count (80) or below, then shoot, Anybody on the pitch Skeenes no matter what should never apply for coach . . . Or assistant coach . . .or even fan with advice . .

Saving your best pitching for later is like Judge Ito throwing out over half the evidence against OJ because a guilty verdict might have been overturned on appeal. We saw how that one turned out.

My thought is if Skeenes is on a relatively short pitch count (80) or below, then shoot, Anybody on the pitch Skeenes no matter what should never apply for coach . . . Or assistant coach . . .or even fan with advice . .
    The only pitch count Skeenes is gonna be on is a two walk in a row pitch count. As long as that dude is throwing strikes he's gonna play. He can rest his arm when he dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    The only pitch count Skeenes is gonna be on is a two walk in a row pitch count. As long as that dude is throwing strikes he's gonna play. He can rest his arm when he dies.
    I'm sure his family and agent think otherwise.

15. Default Re: 2023 CWS

I didn’t ask for any BS responses. Let’s see how it plays out . . .

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information