Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 . LastLast

Thread: 2023 CWS

Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . no . . . get enough pitching to get the other team out . . .
    So riddle me this oh sage of the page. What treasures did you gleen from these last two games except that on any given day, any given team in baseball can suck?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    It would suck, just like 1 losing to a 16, or a 2 losing to a 15. Let's give them a do over just to make it fair. Meanwhile, back on the farm. I tell you what. Can we at least install a 10 run mercy rule then?
    So one team gets 3 do overs? And the other one doesn’t? Your point doesn’t make any sense. In a one game take all, it could just as easily been the 24-4 game. You play series all year long, it should end in a series. It’s double elimination the whole way, every team should have to lose at least twice to be eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    So one team gets 3 do overs? And the other one doesn’t? Your point doesn’t make any sense. In a one game take all, it could just as easily been the 24-4 game. You play series all year long, it should end in a series. It’s double elimination the whole way, every team should have to lose at least twice to be eliminated.
    Chief, they've played a whole season & it comes down to two teams & one game. No way your reasoning is ever gonna convince me that there is ever more drama than that. If they want to be fair, they should reseed the teams after the super regionals. that would eliminate a lot of the previous problems you mentioned. The bottom line is the more games you add, the more drama you remove.

Now that I think about it, you are correct. Nothing like following the drama of a game one walk off home run in the 11th inning with 24-4 & 10-2 classic beat downs.
    no walk-offs in the top of an inning, brother. florida up and down bottom of the 11th.

Chief, they've played a whole season & it comes down to two teams & one game. No way your reasoning is ever gonna convince me that there is ever more drama than that. If they want to be fair, they should reseed the teams after the super regionals. that would eliminate a lot of the previous problems you mentioned. The bottom line is the more games you add, the more drama you remove.
    The problem is people show up the last 3 days of a baseball season and want to change everything to football. You play series in baseball, there is a reason “midweek games don’t matter”. Baseball is doing just fine without convincing you of anything.MLB plays 165 games and play 3,5 and 7 game series to decide the championship

The problem is people show up the last 3 days of a baseball season and want to change everything to football. You play series in baseball, there is a reason “midweek games don’t matter”. Baseball is doing just fine without convincing you of anything.MLB plays 165 games and play 3,5 and 7 game series to decide the championship
    165 games? I thought it was 81 home and 81 away games per regular season. Has this changed?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    165 games? I thought it was 81 home and 81 away games per regular season. Has this changed?
    162 games, does it change the point?

162 games, does it change the point?
    It doesn't. I was just asking if the schedule changed for more games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    no walk-offs in the top of an inning, brother. florida up and down bottom of the 11th.
    Excuse me, my mind ain't what it used to be & the lackluster beatdowns of the last couple of days have almost robbed my mind of the brain cells to remember the drama of last week. Did the shut down in the bottom of the 11th make it that much less dramatic as opposed to this? state is giving up runs just so they can get all their pitchers in the game.

So does the NBA. And guess what. Most of the time either one is a snooz fest. It's the drama of one & done that makes college sports so much more dramatic. Unless 14-3 gives you a stiffy.

So does the NBA. And guess what. Most of the time either one is a snooz fest. It's the drama of one & done that makes college sports so much more dramatic. Unless 14-3 gives you a stiffy.
    The nba sucks but it’s not because of the playoff format.

12. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Just the other night you were lamenting the possibility they were gonna burn him up with an 80 pitch, or less count & him not have him the rest of the series. Tonight he's the super hero, which of course he will be, if they win this tournament. Hence the term FLIP FLOPPER! Gutless was a bit too much. Clueless is more like it for you.
    Are you referring to the tangent thread where CajunVic posted a link to a story about Jay Johnson overusing the pitcher?

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/.ts-and-Players

13. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . there is always room for a fix . . . just think there would have been no college baseball the last two nights without he fix . . .
    Baseball next week on the fourth, that's where we would be with this.

Rested, ready, and the whole sports world hyping the sport for a week.

14. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Are you referring to the tangent thread where CajunVic posted a link to a story about Jay Johnson overusing the pitcher?

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/.ts-and-Players
    That’s not what this article or that thread was about. Your medicine is really getting to you.

Besides, I straightened him out on that already . . . I guess you not paying attention . . .

15. Default Re: 2023 CWS

The Tigers beat the #1 seed Wake Forest twice and the beat the #2 seed Florida twice. I guess they deserve to win the Natty??

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 . LastLast

Thread Information