Thread: Athletic HOF

1. Hall of Fame Athletic HOF

Deadline for nominations is July 15

LOUISIANA – The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Athletics Department is accepting nominations for new members of the school's Athletics Hall of Fame, in an announcement on Tuesday.

Nominations for new members will be accepted until July 15. Any interested person can suggest a student-athlete, coach or administrator for membership and should be in writing, addressed to the Chairman of the Hall of Fame Selection Committee.

A brief statement of the nominee's accomplishments is required. Nomination forms and information regarding the full procedure are available online at www.RaginCajuns.com.

Nominations of student-athletes, coaches or administrators to the Hall of Fame shall be considered by the Ragin' Cajuns Lettermen Club Board of Directors based on the nominee's dedication and performance while at the University or through their professional career.

Eligibility Requirements for Nomination to the Athletic Hall of Fame
    1.Have earned a baccalaureate, professional or graduate degree from UL Lafayette or other accredited institution of higher learning.

2.Have earned varsity letters and participated at two (2) years of athletic competition at SLII/SLI/USL/Louisiana.

3.Have gained distinction through superlative performance as a student-athlete at the University with recognition of All-Conference, All-American, or Olympian; or with significant achievement and recognition on the professional level. In the absence of a conference affiliation at the time of participation in University athletics, the student-athlete must have achieved significant regional or national recognition.

4.Have gained distinction as a Coach with appropriate conference or national recognition.

5.Have made significant achievements, accomplishments or contributions to the University as an Administrator during their tenure or career.

6.Have shown that they possess sound character and outstanding qualities of sportsmanship and leadership.

7.Have represented the University with dignity and respect, either while at the University, during their professional career and afterwards as stewards of continued support for the University.

Default Re: Athletic HOF

UL is taking nomination for Athletic HOF.Thoughts on who and why you would nominate.

4. Default Re: Athletic HOF

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    UL is taking nomination for Athletic HOF.Thoughts on who and why you would nominate.
    Not sure if he is in already or not. But don Allen.

Hailey Hayden

I'll try to find the criteria.while Don is deserving, not sure if he'd match with the requirements.

Is Michael Allen in the HOF?

Wow, have nominations always been open?

9. Default Re: Athletic HOF

I nominate the walls of the tunnel to house the "Hall" of Fame.

Bobby Paschal, MBB coach from 1978 to 1987. NCAA in 82 and 83. NIT in 1980, 84 and 85. NIT was a major tournament in those days. Reached third round in 1980, semifinals in 1984, and second round in 1985. In his tenure, the Cajuns defeated Texas, Auburn, Tennessee, Kansas, Florida, Michigan State, and other prominent schools I can't think of now. It is a mystery to me why he has not been placed in the Hall before today. Hopefully someone nominates him.

Note, I did place a recommendation for Coach Paschal on the Facebook page that was linked in a previous post.

I'll try to find the criteria.while Don is deserving, not sure if he'd match with the requirements.
    I don't think Don meets the criteria. I believe you had to be an athlete, coach, or administrator. You also need a college degree or have had significant accomplishments at the professional level.

Levi Lewis comes to mind as one who should be inducted.

Gunner Leger?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Levi Lewis comes to mind as one who should be inducted.

Gunner Leger?
    Levi will certainly be considered one day. I believe you have to be five years past your last season to be considered. He is not there yet.

14. Default Re: Athletic HOF

Levi is already in the RP HOF . . .

Thread Information