Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: State funding PMAC Renovations???

Support State funding PMAC Renovations???

Forget NIL, the Legislature just rammed through the Capital Outlay budget. They added a cool $1,000,000 to renovate the PMAC with $50M more coming from bonds later & another $50M from self-generated funds. All at the last minute with no debate.

Default Re: Some one check the PORTAL!!! #MBB

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Forget NIL, the Legislature just rammed through the Capital Outlay budget. They added a cool $1,000,000 to renovate the PMAC with $50M more coming from bonds later & another $50M from self-generated funds. All at the last minute with no debate.
    Of course

Damn. $101,000,000 renovation budget for PMAC. Must have put free cash ATMs in the budget for their players.

Cajundome reno was $20 million. Cajun Field will be $45-$65 million.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Damn. $101,000,000 renovation budget for PMAC. Must have put free cash ATMs in the budget for their players.

Cajundome reno was $20 million. Cajun Field will be $45-$65 million.
    I think 65 million was the price tag a few years back. It has to be in the 80 million plus range now.

And yet, they say they get no money from the state.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I think 65 million was the price tag a few years back. It has to be in the 80 million plus range now.
    where are our local state legislators and are they pushing back on this? How can this pass when there are so many other needs in this state? Did the state kick in any money when we did the Cajundome reno? Is the state kicking in any money for the CF reno? This is such crap!!

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    where are our local state legislators and are they pushing back on this? How can this pass when there are so many other needs in this state? Did the state kick in any money when we did the Cajundome reno? Is the state kicking in any money for the CF reno? This is such crap!!
    I believe the CajunDome was Fed money from Katrina/Rita as a refugee center.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Pushed back? That’s laughable. Tanner Magee (Houma) is bragging that he pushed to get it in the budget. Page Cortez (Lafayette) is one of the few who actually knew it was in the budget before it was voted on.

9. Default Re: Jordan Brown has entered the Transfer Portal

Y'all prolly roll your eyes at me when I talk about these things, but our delegation getting behind funding for us (or standing in the way of others getting theirs)?

They typically, historically don't do it. Remember, they all get tickets to Refineryville games.

The Sugarena. The Yambaly buidling. The Horse Farm/Moncus Park. The PMAC.

And now the state, potentially could be on the hook for $50 million dollars in bond funding for the PMAC??????? Really???????

(But not a whole lot of effort on I-49.some of which is our fault because cats get herded easier than we do.)

The capital outlay program is a joke.

NONE of these projects should get funded.

Wanna test the waters for our local delegation's commitment?

Ask them to sponsor a special, LOCAL/PARISH district for funding Cajun Field improvements. Tell them we'll pay for it ourselves.

You can bet your azz they'll use the "well, people won't vote for a new tax" excuse, rather than admit they don't want to pizz anybody off in refineryville.

Or maybe, just maybe they're cool with the rest of us funding tigah improvements while we get told "know your place."

Default Re: Jordan Brown has entered the Transfer Portal

FWIW I hear we’re getting 75 million for the performing arts center.

11. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Jordan Brown has entered the Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Define we?

Isn’t that a city-parish thing?

Default Re: Jordan Brown has entered the Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Heard 50 mil last Wednesday.

I-49 connector is closer to happening than people think. There’s a 10% match, so it’s time to think ahead.

But our delegation is so darn parochial and reactive and as proactive as a sloth with arthritis. And dey love dem some tiggas.

Go back and see how much federal Covid money Lafayette had allocated. Then see how much has been wizzed away. Plenty to build a PAC a few times over.

Default State funding PMAC Renovations???

https://www.wbrz.com/videos/state-sp.s-lsu-library/

About $101 million for PMAC renovations was also set aside in a last-minute amendment to the budget, though — like the library money — actually getting all of that funding will be contingent on whether the state can pay for its other higher-priority projects. About half of the money will come out of LSU's Athletics' own fees and revenue, and only $1 million from the capital outlay savings fund is likely to be paid out in the near future.

Default Re: State funding PMAC Renovations???

Lol

Default Re: State funding PMAC Renovations???

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Lol
    And companies awarded bids can probably use cost overrun money for nil

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information