Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wichita State Baseball

1. Default Re: Wichita State Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Very few, if any are non-scholarship players. In baseball, you are getting a % of a scholarship, so that the overall total of the 35 players adds up to the total scholarship limit. It is a rarity for a player to get a full baseball scholarship.
    Everything here is probably accurate except the first sentence . . .

Default Re: Wichita State Baseball

Players hit portal in groves when they announced the interim HC wouldn't be retained.

Spring roster limit is 35. Fall is as many as you want. JCs fill out their rosters from all the fall cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    If the scholarship limit in baseball is around 12, have they thought about letting non scholarship players be allowed to come and go as they plesee without using the portal. Shouldn't they be treated the same as regular students if not receiving money. Meanwhile, since not receiving money (allegedly) why would they be so concerned about NIL money? Hard to buhleeve if I am a mid tier player on a mid tier team that doesn't merit a scholarship how could I merit NIL?
    It’s my understanding that the portal is just a way of letting other schools know that you are looking to transfer. Basically declaring yourself as someone to be recruited. It helps the player, it’s not a detriment

I just want to give a shout-out to our local Shocker, Marty Duplechain, who played for Gene. This guy loves baseball more than anyone I know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information