Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wichita State Baseball

1. UL Baseball Wichita State Baseball

Apparently 31 players from the Wichita State baseball team are in the portal. I know they just had a coaching change, but 31 players in the portal is absolutely insane.

Default Re: Wichita State Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Apparently 31 players from the Wichita State baseball team are in the portal. I know they just had a coaching change, but 31 players in the portal is absolutely insane.
    Wow. I remember when their program was one I wished ours could be like.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Wow. I remember when their program was one I wished ours could be like.
    They havent been to a regional since 2013.Gene Stephensons last year

4. Default Re: Wichita State Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    They havent been to a regional since 2013.Gene Stephensons last year
    Coaching Matters

What is ncaa roster limit for baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Coaching Matters
    Yep, just ask the Rice Owls.although i think Stephenson was fired bc of some bs violations.

I remember that the shockers under coach Stephenson lost two times in cws "finals" even though they hadn't lost a game prior. And despite tournt being double elimination they were not actually double eliminated. Now a team could conceivably lose 4 games across the various rounds and still win the title.

31 players…that back story must be unbelievable. 10 years since the legend left, that’s well past time of living in the past. FWIW, Brian Green, the newly hired coach, is the 4th hire since Stephenson’s departure. He and the AD worked together at Kentucky. He might of cleared the deck, who knows. Most bailed the week before the announcement.

https://www.ksn.com/sports/shockers/.aseball-coach/

https://www.ksn.com/sports/shockers/.ansfer-portal/

That’s why I very thankful Deggs has two trips to the NCAAs. It’s his program now. Fans can now look back at Robe’s era like MBB fans do with Shipley and Paschal, and in time, Napier and football.

Seems 10 years of “hiring one of us” and no post season was an issue for the AD. And NIL recruiting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb.rt/ar-AA1cfBVP

9. Default Re: Wichita State Baseball

What is incredible is this team was not horrible this year, they were 30-25, meaning their is quite a bit of talent on that roster. You don't win 30 games as a member of the AAC without some talent on the roster. But I feel for the new coach coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    What is incredible is this team was not horrible this year, they were 30-25, meaning their is quite a bit of talent on that roster. You don't win 30 games as a member of the AAC without some talent on the roster. But I feel for the new coach coming in.
    My takeaway is the person who does the groundwork for player seeking a NIL deal during the season was referred to, not as an agent, but a handler. SMH…

Throw in the parochial fans, new coach is a dead man walking, no shocker alums on staff.

On the lighter side, my goodness, the hand sign flashed by the Shocker fans…yeah, that one.

I think active is 35.

Thanks.
    Going to be hard to find that many admissions application deadline waivers

Deadlines for Transfer Admissions
    These deadlines are the same whether you’re transferring from within Louisiana or from another state.

Semester Deadline
    Fall July 1

If the scholarship limit in baseball is around 12, have they thought about letting non scholarship players be allowed to come and go as they plesee without using the portal. Shouldn't they be treated the same as regular students if not receiving money. Meanwhile, since not receiving money (allegedly) why would they be so concerned about NIL money? Hard to buhleeve if I am a mid tier player on a mid tier team that doesn't merit a scholarship how could I merit NIL?

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    If the scholarship limit in baseball is around 12, have they thought about letting non scholarship players be allowed to come and go as they plesee without using the portal. Shouldn't they be treated the same as regular students if not receiving money. Meanwhile, since not receiving money (allegedly) why would they be so concerned about NIL money? Hard to buhleeve if I am a mid tier player on a mid tier team that doesn't merit a scholarship how could I merit NIL?
    Very few, if any are non-scholarship players. In baseball, you are getting a % of a scholarship, so that the overall total of the 35 players adds up to the total scholarship limit. It is a rarity for a player to get a full baseball scholarship.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information