Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OT: LIV/PGA Merger

UL Golf OT: LIV/PGA Merger

Here we go, something to talk about today in the sports world....

Default Re: OT: LIV/PGA Merger

No surprise, there’s only so many elite golfers on the globe.

3. Default Re: OT: LIV/PGA Merger

That didn't take long, lmao

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Money talks, it's no different than the MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, etc; Principles go as far as the dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    No surprise? LOL. Nobody saw this coming. Both tours were spending boatloads of money in anti-trust lawsuits against one another. I think this was the last thing people expected.

Plus, one of the major criticisms of the LIV tour from the PGA tour was the human rights issues that they claimed the players were somewhat violating by taking the money to play LIV and now you are in bed with the Saudi's? LOL. Weird. I never expected the PGA to want anything to do with LIV.

6. Default Re: OT: LIV/PGA Merger

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Money talks, it's no different than the MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, etc; Principles go as far as the dollar.
    Like NIL . . .

7. Default Re: OT: LIV/PGA Merger

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    No surprise? LOL. Nobody saw this coming. Both tours were spending boatloads of money in anti-trust lawsuits against one another. I think this was the last thing people expected.
    Spending boat loads of money on litigation often results in compromise. Litigation is expensive negative energy. Resolution allows that money to be redirected towards success of the venture(s).

Ragin' Cajuns Re: OT: LIV/PGA Merger

Plus, one of the major criticisms of the LIV tour from the PGA tour was the human rights issues that they claimed the players were somewhat violating by taking the money to play LIV and now you are in bed with the Saudi's? LOL. Weird. I never expected the PGA to want anything to do with LIV.
    I'm surprised and ______ED!! I PRAY the PGA doesn't lower its rules and standards as a result. My step-dad and my wife's dad (both serious golfers) are rolling in their Graves over this!!!

"All of those golfers that remain 'loyal' to the very disloyal PGA..will pay a big price when the inevitable merger with LIV comes, and you get nothing but a big 'thank you' from PGA officials," - Donald Trump July 2022

10. Default Re: OT: LIV/PGA Merger

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

Exactly. Both were bleeding money over a limited resource. Human rights...nobody cares except for a few people not in the business...all the sports T mentioned above don't care about human rights as long as the uniform and shoe deals keep the players happy.

ALWAYS follow the money. Or lack of money, like movement on CF. Don't know what is more silent...upcoming FB season or CF.

The golfers that left PGA to play LIV made a business decision and came out on top.

Sounds like the AFL-NFL Merger in 1970. They were gonna merge or go broke.

PGA didnt want to have to lift the veil on their non profit status. They couldn't go to court.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Sounds like the AFL-NFL Merger in 1970. They were gonna merge or go broke.
    The PGA tour had the leverage. They still had all the sponsorships, good course schedule and a number of the top players. Their viewership hadn't gone down and their purses actually increased in response to LIV throwing money at guys. LIV was struggling to get any type of broadcasting deal as the current CW one sucks and their sponsorships were lagging and they were supposedly coming up short in the lawsuits. These are all things that don't help when you are throwing ungodly amounts of money at players to come play.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information