Thread: Our Sports Rankings

1. Default Our Sports Rankings

…Back when I would call Jay Bird and ask how he would rank the past year Cajun teams accordingly with the conference state or nation…..he never would try….so let’s try the state of Louisiana for football, basketball men and women, baseball, and softball….quick look….FB-3…mbb-2…wbb-3…..softball-1….baseball-2….am I correct???

Default Re: Our Sports Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …Back when I would call Jay Bird and ask how he would rank the past year Cajun teams accordingly with the conference state or nation…..he never would try….so let’s try the state of Louisiana for football, basketball men and women, baseball, and softball….quick look….FB-3…mbb-2…wbb-3…..softball-1….baseball-2….am I correct???
    Football-3or4(sorry can’t lose to ulm and have a losing record)
    Basketball-1(who did you have ahead of us?)
    Women’s basketball- 2
    Baseball- 2
    Softball-1

SLU went to the NCAAs in WBB with a better NET ranking than UL 168 v 189.

4. Default Re: Our Sports Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    SLU went to the NCAAs in WBB with a better NET ranking than UL 168 v 189.
    ….Good info….what about our conference rankings and national rankings? We lose to end everything and then there are no rankings? fB bowl game to Houston but very close….mbb to Tenn again pretty close…..wbb no clue….SB loss to a World Series team…. Baseball played to top 10 teams to the limit….not a bad year to build on next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    This past season, I would have put our MBB team as No. 1 in the state. I could listen to the folks who would say Tulane should have been No. 1 as they beat some good AAC teams. However, they also lost to some poor ones, got knocked out fairly early in their confernce tournament, and did not participate in post season play. Next season, as much as it pains me to say it, I expect McNeese to have the best team in Louisiana. Rest of your state rankings look good to me. ULM would squak and say they should be No. 3 in football as they beat us. However, overall our season was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    This past season, I would have put our MBB team as No. 1 in the state. I could listen to the folks who would say Tulane should have been No. 1 as they beat some good AAC teams. However, they also lost to some poor ones, got knocked out fairly early in their confernce tournament, and did not participate in post season play. Next season, as much as it pains me to say it, I expect McNeese to have the best team in Louisiana. Rest of your state rankings look good to me. ULM would squak and say they should be No. 3 in football as they beat us. However, overall our season was better.
    I just have solace knowing WW is going to leave McLeast in shambles some how. I caught part of Jim Godzilla interviewing WW…JG referred to McLeast as LSU West at one point…

Softball fans should check out the Go Cowboys FB page, you’ll have a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I just have solace knowing WW is going to leave McLeast in shambles some how. I caught part of Jim Godzilla interviewing WW…JG referred to McLeast as LSU West at one point…

Softball fans should check out the Go Cowboys FB page, you’ll have a laugh.
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Link?
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/1916611195132328/

“Softball revisited again” post. And rodeo…lol.

With “Louisiana”, UL lives rent free in their collective head.

Thread Information