Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Turning to football

1. Default Re: Turning to football

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We gifted them the game last year. Well I should say Dez’s biggest coaching blunder happened during this game.

People need to understand how depleted our OL was and how that effected our offense. I healthy OL this year and we close those games out in the 4th. We are still the team to beat.
    Des’ biggest coaching blunder happened in August. Biggest mistake he made all year and that obviously showed in the lack of discipline in 22 compared to the previous 4 years. Not even a close 2nd.

Default Re: Turning to football

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    Des’ biggest coaching blunder happened in August. Biggest mistake he made all year and that obviously showed in the lack of discipline in 22 compared to the previous 4 years. Not even a close 2nd.
    You just had to go there. Lol. But you are definitely correct.

Last year was such a disappointment. That team had chances to win and didn’t know how to close the deal. That’s coaching.

What was the final number of would-be starters that portaled out?

From FB season ticket email..."Season ticket holders are eligible for exclusive experiences"...

What kind of click bait is this?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I am talking about in the community. Just not alot of hype. Must still be the silent phase as I spend time all over the place. The lack of season ticket sales is a strong indicator of folks interest level.
    I think a big reason for not much talk about football is a lot of people have been following the softball and baseball seasons. Now that they are over and football camp will start up pretty soon talk will begin. Season ticket sales renewals have finished up I believe and new season tikcets are available; they can be purchased on-line at ragincajuns.com.

I expect advertising them will be forthcoming. IMO, the reason more and earlier advertising for season tickets is probably useless. I have been a season ticket holder for many years in pretty much every sport and I wait until the last week to renew. There are probably many people who do the same. Why buy season tickets a month before you need them?

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Last year was such a disappointment. That team had chances to win and didn’t know how to close the deal. That’s coaching.
    Being a first year head coach who had never been a coordinator that called plays on one side of the ball, Des decided to be the head coach that managed the game and be the OC that called all the plays. Basically making that huge leap over night. That’s a huge undertaking. You better believe there will be some mistakes along the way in year one. Let’s see what kind of adjustments are made in year 2 or if we will get the same results as we got last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Being a first year head coach who had never been a coordinator that called plays on one side of the ball, Des decided to be the head coach that managed the game and be the OC that called all the plays. Basically making that huge leap over night. That’s a huge undertaking. You better believe there will be some mistakes along the way in year one. Let’s see what kind of adjustments are made in year 2 or if we will get the same results as we got last year?
    Agreed. In Dez, we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Being a first year head coach who had never been a coordinator that called plays on one side of the ball,
    Need to get to the top of the bell curve this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    9-3?? We ain’t losing a game this season!!
    Sorry to be a pessimist, but I’m pretty sure we all said this last year. We were wrong, but at least we made it to a bowl game lol

The conference seems wide open this year. Our schedule is smedium. Its there for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    The conference seems wide open this year. Our schedule is smedium. Its there for the taking.
    We get the two bottom finishers out of the east. Our home schedule may be the worst ever. We should and need to win all 6 of those games. Minnesota game is sandwiched between 2 big 10 games for them. Maybe we can catch them overlooking us.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Sorry to be a pessimist, but I’m pretty sure we all said this last year. We were wrong, but at least we made it to a bowl game lol
    I predicted 6-6 last year

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    It’s not being pessimistic, last season we lost 2 projected starters on the OL before the season even started. Then Landon Burton wasn’t 100% until close to game 8 and that’s when we saw improvement in OL play.

We are a run first team. If our OL is depleted then we are in a bind. This season we will have these guys, plus Zeon Chriss. It will be a different year.

With a healthy OL we close our Troy, ULM doesn’t win, and USA is a W. There’s 9 wins last year.

We are still a top 3 talented program in the SBC. That won’t change with this incoming class either.

9-3 is the standard with the current state of the program. Especially looking at the schedules lately.

Zeon to Lance! TD!!!!!
    We gonna hear this a lot!!
    This is the year!!!!
    I'm fired up for this season!!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information