Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Other things to follow

Default Other things to follow

I follow Formula 1 racing during the summer. There is a race every two weeks and it's pretty interesting. The races are usually on ESPN or ESPN2 on Sunday mornings (depending on where they are in the world). North American races are usually on ABC.

This weekend is the 24 hours of Le Mans on Motor trend tv. Very advanced cars with some of the tech transferred to street cars. Several years ago they showed a pit stop where they needed to change the break shoes. They did it in 35 seconds. After they did it, the car was out on the track doing over 200 mph. That's trusting your mechanic. I like the different classification of cars in the same race.

Indy Car is on NBC most of the time. It's pretty interesting when they have a road course or street course race. When they do ovals it usually degenerates to a NASCAR race. The cars look kind of stupid though.

NASCAR is NASCAR. Not much into that.

Default Re: Other things to follow

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I follow Formula 1 racing during the summer. There is a race every two weeks and it's pretty interesting. The races are usually on ESPN or ESPN2 on Sunday mornings (depending on where they are in the world). North American races are usually on ABC.

This weekend is the 24 hours of Le Mans on Motor trend tv. Very advanced cars with some of the tech transferred to street cars. Several years ago they showed a pit stop where they needed to change the break shoes. They did it in 35 seconds. After they did it, the car was out on the track doing over 200 mph. That's trusting your mechanic. I like the different classification of cars in the same race.

Indy Car is on NBC most of the time. It's pretty interesting when they have a road course or street course race. When they do ovals it usually degenerates to a NASCAR race. The cars look kind of stupid though.

Drag racing for me.

I'm into that sh@#! NHRA running Nitro Meth 1500 Hp per cylinder is all good with me too!

Name:  Austrailian Super Trucks.png
Views: 461
Size:  826.3 KB

Literally learned of this while writing this message from a co-worker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB02Gd_yC_g

4. Default Re: Other things to follow

I like the different classification of cars in the same race
    Can you explain more on this?

5. Default Re: Other things to follow

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You could have asked me to explain as opposed to just deleting my most pertinent post . . . they do seem to show up about anywhere these days . . . ask the Dodger’s Kershaw . . .

NASCAR started cratering when 3 died. Then the cars became basically all the same except for the body wrap. Throw in this “stage racing” and a move towards EVs, the death of NASCAR is inevitable. I know of zero gearheads that embrace EVs.

https://www.sportscasting.com/leaked...lectric-2023/#

I can watch LeMans, different classes on the road, there’s usually something for everyone. Of course, I’m a roadster guy.

7. Default Re: Other things to follow

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You could have asked me to explain as opposed to just deleting my most pertinent post . . . they do seem to show up about anywhere these days . . . ask the Dodger’s Kershaw . . .
    I do not desire an explanation on drag queen races.

If it required an explanation, you knew this and should have included it in your post.

The fact that your post "drag queen races" came immediately after a post about drag racing (from a poster you have butted heads with 1000+'times) and one that came after a post about formula one racing, indicated that you were phishing.

8. Default Re: Other things to follow

Like 1000% . . .

there are three basic classifications. Le Mans Hypercar , LMH,, Le Mans Prototype 2 (LMP2), and Le Mans GTE LMGTE-AM LMH and LMP2 are built from scratch (basically) and are very fast, LMGTE-AM start out as street legal sports cars and are modified to race. All are enclosed cockpit cars.

10. Default Re: Other things to follow

there are three basic classifications. Le Mans Hypercar , LMH,, Le Mans Prototype 2 (LMP2), and Le Mans GTE LMGTE-AM LMH and LMP2 are built from scratch (basically) and are very fast, LMGTE-AM start out as street legal sports cars and are modified to race. All are enclosed cockpit cars.
    And they are all in the same race?

And they are all in the same race?
    Yes

I do not desire an explanation on drag queen races.

If it required an explanation, you knew this and should have included it in your post.

The fact that your post "drag queen races" came immediately after a post about drag racing (from a poster you have butted heads with 1000+'times) and one that came after a post about formula one racing, indicated that you were phishing.
    No butting heads here. Dude has been on mute since 11-1-21, not a single reply back from me.

13. Default Re: Other things to follow

So tell us, who is “the other guy” you post about daily . . .

14. Default Re: Other things to follow

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    I'm into that sh@#! NHRA running Nitro Meth 1500 Hp per cylinder is all good with me too!

Name:  Austrailian Super Trucks.png
Views: 461
Size:  826.3 KB

Literally learned of this while writing this message from a co-worker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB02Gd_yC_g
    Nm

Whoever posts on the CSSN SBC site, please link Jay’s post about what are the issues with La Tech on the usual “what if/what teams the SBC need to add”. I just don’t get it, most of the ones with the Joneses to add teams are the same ones that left crappy situations. Plus anyone with half a brain can see the SBC East departing in the next decade or so.

https://www.csnbbs.com/thread-971141.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information