Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: canecutters

1. UL Baseball canecutters

Do we have any UL guys playing for the canecutters this year?

2. Default Re: canecutters

Are back in town tonight at 7:00 against the Bombers sporting a 5 and 1 record. Come out for a fun time . . .

Default Re: canecutters

Quote Originally Posted by des for pres View Post
    Do we have any UL guys playing for the canecutters this year?
    Is that guy from STM still on the team. I think he was last year.

4. Default Re: canecutters

He is in the Minor Leagues . . .

5. Default Re: canecutters

Go support your local CaneCutters tonight . . . See Justin throw out the first pitch . . . Wear your Cajuns gear and get in for $5 . . . Drink a few margaritas, cold beers or Mohitas and enjoy a relaxed game of baseball . . . See Eddie, the Cane Cutters mascot . . . 7:00 first pitch . . .

Is there anywhere that you can get a roster?

7. Default Re: canecutters

https://www.canecuttersbaseball.com/canecutters/roster/

Remember, the roster in these leagues are fluid. Some come and some go.

I believe Lee Amedeo will be joining the team at some point. The league limits each team to 4 players from one university.

I am not sure what other Cajuns will be with the team this year. The CaneCutters usually have a couple of pitchers, but because we went deep into the season and most arms are tired from being short staffed this year, we may not see many Cajun arms this summer.

8. Default Re: canecutters

By the way, it was filled with Cajun fans last night . . . nice to see the support to an organization who supports you . . . Once the dust settles, the CaneCutters are hoping to see a catcher and a pitcher from Louisiana . . .

9. Default Re: canecutters

CajunVic, are you part owner?

I applaud the support you provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Maybe he is the teams legal consultant? I was at the game last night but didn't see him.

11. Default Re: canecutters

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

I have no ownership interest in the Cane Cutters. As indicated, someone near and dear to me played for them the past three summers. I have also seen about 12 Cajuns play there to practice their skills in summer ball. The Chalmers have become great friends of mine and having benefited from the organization, I try however I can to help them out. They do this solely out of the love for baseball. Year in and year out, I understand it is barely a break even proposition so I have taken it upon myself to assist. I buy season tickets and lots of beer, margaritas . . . As my financial contribution. Before this year, season tickets saved me money because I was going to be there for every game anyhow. Now, it’s just the minimum I feel I can do.

I post about them here because historically there have been great Cajun athletes who have been afforded the opportunity to practice their skills here in Lafayette as opposed to having to go to the Northeast or even Canada. Those may not do anything in the summer if this opportunity was not available locally.

12. Default Re: canecutters

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Maybe he is the teams legal consultant? I was at the game last night but didn't see him.
    I went to the Abbeville Day Lillie Festival Saturday without my phone.

I was supposed to meet a friend there, and I confirmed through someone else that they were there at the same time as me, looking for me.

But I never saw them.

It happens.

13. Default Re: canecutters

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    You, my friend should just stay out of this. You are ill informed and only post to cause trouble on this topic . ..

14. Default Re: canecutters

I teach with Coach Dukes, and I know that he was pretty excited about the squad that the Cane Cutters have this year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information