Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Congrats, Team Deggs

Default Re: Coach Deggs

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Trahan View Post
    There's 299 NCAA Division One baseball teams.

We are in the top 15% of that number.

Yeah, I want to go to Omaha just as much as the next guy, but I'm okay with where we are.

Thanks, Coach Deggs!!!!!!!!
    The thing about Deggs is he is not ok with where we are. Sure he’s proud of the fight in his boys but he laid his goals out on the table in the first press conference when he got hired. And THAT is a good thing whether you like him and his style or not. We will be back and we will be better, thanks to Deggs.

Default Re: Congrats, Team Deggs

We won't be better.

We're gonna make Cajuns Baseball the baddest f'n program in America.

Let's Geaux baby.

3. Default Re: Congrats, Team Deggs

I loved this group! What a fun team to watch. Congratulations on a fantastic season.

4. Default Re: Congrats, Team Deggs

I appreciate every single drop of blood, sweat and tears expended by everyone associated with Ragin Cajuns baseball. Tony would be proud.

Thanks coaches, players and volunteers. Couldn’t be more proud to be a Cajun.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I appreciate every single drop of blood, sweat and tears expended by everyone associated with Ragin Cajuns baseball. Tony would be proud.

Thanks coaches, players and volunteers. Couldn’t be more proud to be a Cajun.
    Who do you guys think will be the major contibutors next season? Question goes for both bats and arms? Stelly is obviously one who could make a big jump at the plate. Nezuh looks like he is in position to be the Friday pitcher. Who else?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Who do you guys think will be the major contibutors next season? Question goes for both bats and arms? Stelly is obviously one who could make a big jump at the plate. Nezuh looks like he is in position to be the Friday pitcher. Who else?
    Assuming Higgs and Taylor come back, along with Debarge, that’s the nucleus.

I like Stelly, even before this weekend. You can just tell he can hit. I also think Luke Yuhasz has a chance to be really good. Same for Zambo, who I thought would have a big year this season and it got derailed by injury. LeJeune will probably be first in line at 3B.

There’s an OF that’s supposed to be coming from Delgado and possibly another local kid who’s currently at a JUCO that I was told was heading back to Lafayette. He’s also an OF, with excellent speed/power combination.

I would guess that the staff will be in the market for a transfer catcher, and probably a HS signee there too.

Pitchers that return are McGehee (hopefully for a full, healthy season), Nezuh, Fluno, Marshall, Christie, Ethridge, Moody, Cash, and Tate. Theut has another year of eligibility but I don’t know what his medical situation is or will be.

I know there’s a LH pitcher signee coming from Loreauville that I’ve seen. He’s a talented kid but you never know how kids will transition to D1 baseball.

Like the catching position, I’m sure there will be some incoming transfer pitchers on the way.

Plus the signing class that’s coming in.

But to answer the question, Stelly, Yuhasz, LeJeune and Zambo would be my guess. Ben Robichaux got a bunch of ABs this year but he may have a tough time getting into the lineup unless he can play a defensive position. And if Taylor is back, that probably won’t happen next season.

Personally, I’d love to see what Trey Lafleur would be as a full time DH. Give him the 170-180 ABs that Veillon got this year and see what happens. I think you’d get 8-12 HRs from him.

Outstanding season for the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns! There is a lot to be proud of. To all the seniors and players not returning a big thank you. For the players returning, looking forward to another exciting and hopefully successful season. And finally, a special thanks to Coach Deggs and the entire staff for a memorable 2023 season.

RAGIN!!

9. Default Re: Congrats, Team Deggs

CAJUN!!!

What a season for the Cajuns. Coach Deggs and his staff have brought back the grinder attitude and an “anytime, anywhere” attitude to this program. Even though there’s times where we might disagree with the way we do some things, there’s no denying the fact that this team always played until the final out. It’s that kind of culture which will eventually get us to Omaha. Just have to make some tweaks to get there.

Looking forward to 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Assuming Higgs and Taylor come back, along with Debarge, that’s the nucleus.

I like Stelly, even before this weekend. You can just tell he can hit. I also think Luke Yuhasz has a chance to be really good. Same for Zambo, who I thought would have a big year this season and it got derailed by injury. LeJeune will probably be first in line at 3B.

There’s an OF that’s supposed to be coming from Delgado and possibly another local kid who’s currently at a JUCO that I was told was heading back to Lafayette. He’s also an OF, with excellent speed/power combination.

I would guess that the staff will be in the market for a transfer catcher, and probably a HS signee there too.

Pitchers that return are McGehee (hopefully for a full, healthy season), Nezuh, Fluno, Marshall, Christie, Ethridge, Moody, Cash, and Tate. Theut has another year of eligibility but I don’t know what his medical situation is or will be.

I know there’s a LH pitcher signee coming from Loreauville that I’ve seen. He’s a talented kid but you never know how kids will transition to D1 baseball.

Like the catching position, I’m sure there will be some incoming transfer pitchers on the way.

Plus the signing class that’s coming in.

But to answer the question, Stelly, Yuhasz, LeJeune and Zambo would be my guess. Ben Robichaux got a bunch of ABs this year but he may have a tough time getting into the lineup unless he can play a defensive position. And if Taylor is back, that probably won’t happen next season.

Personally, I’d love to see what Trey Lafleur would be as a full time DH. Give him the 170-180 ABs that Veillon got this year and see what happens. I think you’d get 8-12 HRs from him.
    Thanks for the response. Most encouraging thing I read in that post were the potentially 10 pitchers who have experience for us returning. Continued development of those could lead to a successful 24 season. I agree that bringing in a competent catcher is key. It is the most important positiion on the field.

12. Default Re: Congrats, Team Deggs

And we have had a good one . . . A darn good one . . .

From auto-bid to at-large, and next year we host. Onward and upward, my fellow knuckleheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    From auto-bid to at-large, and next year we host. Onward and upward, my fellow knuckleheads.
    I can't argue that. I love dem Cajuns.

Areas of need…

1-pitching coach- we have to be able to find someone that can handle pitchers. I hope he's recruited guys that fit his system although im not sure he has defined a system here. It does not take 50 games to find your guy to run out there when u need an out. I like the way we ended the season, we just didnt have enough guys and thats the bottom line.

2- I like the nucleaus if all the arms come back. I have a gut feeling the portal could affect us in this area.

3- strike throwers- all this spin rate stuff is good for the upper upper P5 guys. We need guys that can manipulate the ball like we use to.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information