Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17

Thread: G5 Regional Final: Louisiana 5, Miami 8

1. Default Re: Elfrid Payton sighting

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Elfrid Payton

Geaux Cajuns
    I know Elfrid played for the Heat, is Miami where his permanent home is?

Default Re: Elfrid Payton sighting

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I thought he played for the Orlando Magic?

Elfrid was drafted by the Sixers and first played for the Orlando Magic, not the heat

He works out in the off-season in Florida. I think Miami, specifically. He had his daughter with him at the game.

5. Default Re: G5 Regional Final: Louisiana 5, Miami 8

Thanks for the corrections I can handle the "heat"

Default Re: G5 Regional Final: Louisiana 5, Miami 8

Elfrid hasn’t played for the magic in 5 years. He’s since played with the pelicans, knicks and had a couple stints with the suns. He isn’t in the league anymore.

7. Default Re: G5 Regional Final: Louisiana 5, Miami 8

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Elfrid hasn’t played for the magic in 5 years. He’s since played with the pelicans, knicks and had a couple stints with the suns. He isn’t in the league anymore.
    Thanks for the clarification, I thought I knew his path but I got the first one wrong.

I was wondering if his permanent residency was Miami.

Default Re: G5 Regional Final: Louisiana 5, Miami 8

Thanks for the clarification, I thought I knew his path but I got the first one wrong.

I was wondering if his permanent residency was Miami.
    His Wikipedia page says he is currently playing in Puerto Rican league

Default Re: G5 Regional Final: Louisiana vs. Miami

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    I am very proud of this Cajun baseball team. They played very well in the Coral Gables regional ... gave two excellent baseball teams all they could handle ... and took care of business against the team they were supposed to beat. If Texas wins this regional, they can feel very fortunate that they were able to beat the Cajuns in Game 1 ... and that the Cajuns made it hard on one of the top closers in the country (forcing him to go 49 pitches).

While I am not on the same page with some of the game management decisions we have seen this season, I do really like the progress of the program and the Coral Gables regional was an improvement over the College Station regional in 2022 (and that was solid), despite all of the pitching injuries and challenging depth because of it. You can see how some of the arms that struggled earlier in the season really developed late in the season. And I feel that the Cajuns have a legit Friday night guy now in Jackson Nezuh. Good on the coaching staff for sticking with him and developing him into the pitcher he is today.

And one thing that I feel players should think about when considering a transfer out of schools like Louisiana (or a transfer in) ... schools that are competitive with the best in the country ... a talent like Nezuh can get an offer from an SEC school, a Big XII school, a Florida State, etc., but those schools typically will move to another arm if you do not show right away. Talent like this can get buried on the depth chart. Whereas you come to a place like Louisiana (Southern Mississippi, Coastal Carolina, etc.), you have an opportunity to develop and shine because the coaching staff will take the time to work with and develop you. You will get plenty of opportunities to prove yourself. Jackson Nezuh is a prime example.

Brian
    I just want to highlight what Brian said regarding opportunities here at UL for transfers. SOOO TRUE. Players need to be very aware of this in today's new transfer environment!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17

Thread Information