Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hosana Kitenge

UL Basketball Hosana Kitenge

Stop worrying about walk ons and look at who we just signed….

Default Re: Any Jordan Brown update?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Stop worrying about walk ons and look at who we just signed….
    Who did we just sign? I have not heard. I know plan was to recruit another inside player regardless if Jordan came back or not. Perhaps your post is to indicate that we have achieved that goal. If we have done so, I would guess it is a grad transfer. Reason I say that is it is pretty late in the signing period and many graduations have just occurred. I don't think you can sign a grad transfer until the player actually walks across that stage to get his diploma.

3. Default Re: Any Jordan Brown update?

We received a commitment from Hosana Kitenge. 6’8” center/forward. From Three Rivers College(MO).

Former covid Carolina chicken..

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Who did we just sign? I have not heard. I know plan was to recruit another inside player regardless if Jordan came back or not. Perhaps your post is to indicate that we have achieved that goal. If we have done so, I would guess it is a grad transfer. Reason I say that is it is pretty late in the signing period and many graduations have just occurred. I don't think you can sign a grad transfer until the player actually walks across that stage to get his diploma.
    https://twitter.com/hosanakitenge35/...oNRmTB_BpAHVnw

Quote Originally Posted by cajunsray View Post
    We received a commitment from Hosana Kitenge. 6’8” center/forward. From Three Rivers College(MO).
    After hearing about this signing, I spent some time researching him this afternoon. He actually played in every Coastal Carolina game in his freshman year of 2019-20. Played very little his second year there. No idea why. He transferred to Howard junior college for his third year but did not play whatsoever there. Perhaps an injury was involved. At Three Rivers Junior College this past season, he started every game, averaged 12 ppg, and grabbed 8 rpg. The Three Rivers website lists him as a sophomore this past year. I presume he has 2 years remaining due to one of his years at Coastal being the Covid season. Craig and I are planning an early summer basketball podcast which will focus on new players coming in. We will provide more details on Kitenge during that discussion. In fact there are 5 new players joining the program for this upcoming season. We will touch on all 5 when we get together. We likely will focus more on Kitenge and Blake Butler. Butler is the 2nd team All American guard from East Mississippi Junior College who signed around the beginning of May. Kitenge and Butler are more likely to see playing time as they both are more experienced players. The other three are all pure freshman guards.

Default Re: Hosana Kitenge

We need some shooters

8. Default Re: Any Jordan Brown update?

After hearing about this signing, I spent some time researching him this afternoon. He actually played in every Coastal Carolina game in his freshman year of 2019-20. Played very little his second year there. No idea why. He transferred to Howard junior college for his third year but did not play whatsoever there. Perhaps an injury was involved. At Three Rivers Junior College this past season, he started every game, averaged 12 ppg, and grabbed 8 rpg. The Three Rivers website lists him as a sophomore this past year. I presume he has 2 years remaining due to one of his years at Coastal being the Covid season. Craig and I are planning an early summer basketball podcast which will focus on new players coming in. We will provide more details on Kitenge during that discussion. In fact there are 5 new players joining the program for this upcoming season. We will touch on all 5 when we get together. We likely will focus more on Kitenge and Blake Butler. Butler is the 2nd team All American guard from East Mississippi Junior College who signed around the beginning of May. Kitenge and Butler are more likely to see playing time as they both are more experienced players. The other three are all pure freshman guards.
    I was told Kitenge is a combination of Bryce Washington and Justin Miller. 6’8” 285lbs. Very good physique making him look more like he would weigh 245. Not as good a rebounder as Bryce but can take it to the basket. Some similarities to both.

As Mike said another big was needed regardless of what happens with Brown. We had already lost 2 (Lewis as a Senior Richards as a transfer) without signing 1. This looks like a quality signing and some much needed size and depth. Looking forward to the summer podcast. I really think Butler could be good, perhaps step into the Greg Williams role as a starter at the 3. Could especially see that if the staff thinks Kobe’s minutes should remain limited and he might best be used in the 6th man role.

Looks like Hosana improved alot at the Junior college level.

11. Default Re: Hosana Kitenge

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    As Mike said another big was needed regardless of what happens with Brown. We had already lost 2 (Lewis as a Senior Richards as a transfer) without signing 1. This looks like a quality signing and some much needed size and depth. Looking forward to the summer podcast. I really think Butler could be good, perhaps step into the Greg Williams role as a starter at the 3. Could especially see that if the staff thinks Kobe’s minutes should remain limited and he might best be used in the 6th man role.
    Coaches feel at a minimum Butler will push, challenge and compete with Chancellor White. This added competition should bring out the best in Chancellor and Butler…

Quote Originally Posted by cwl1951 View Post
    Coaches feel at a minimum Butler will push, challenge and compete with Chancellor White. This added competition should bring out the best in Chancellor and Butler…
    My opinion is that Butler will back up Garnett at 2 guard while White will back up Julien at small forward. Butler may see more time as he can likely handle both spots well and has 3 years of JUCO experience. That view is only my opinion. I have no idea what coaches really believe is likely for the 2 and 3 spots in the rotation. They likely have no predetermined plans. They will let the practice results sort things out.

My opinion is that Butler will back up Garnett at 2 guard while White will back up Julien at small forward. Butler may see more time as he can likely handle both spots well and has 3 years of JUCO experience. That view is only my opinion. I have no idea what coaches really believe is likely for the 2 and 3 spots in the rotation. They likely have no predetermined plans. They will let the practice results sort things out.
    If Garnett is still starting over White or Butler, it means we missed in recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    If Garnett is still starting over White or Butler, it means we missed in recruiting.
    Kentrell may still start but play fewer minutes if the two guys you mentioned are contributing. Who finishes the game is the key. Dalcourt was our finisher at the end of the year. I predict that will be Butler this season. Kentrell did improve greatly on defense last season. He often guarded the opponents best perimeter player. He did slump offensively at the end of the season. I wonder if he wore down due to the defensive responsibilities.

Kentrell may still start but play fewer minutes if the two guys you mentioned are contributing. Who finishes the game is the key. Dalcourt was our finisher at the end of the year. I predict that will be Butler this season. Kentrell did improve greatly on defense last season. He often guarded the opponents best perimeter player. He did slump offensively at the end of the season. I wonder if he wore down due to the defensive responsibilities.
    We are way too small in the backcourt with him playing along side Fulks. Butler brings a much a bigger body that is needed in the backcourt. Kentrell is only a spot up shooter so Butler would be much better at creating scoring opportunities if his game translates to D1. Always talk about these JUCO guys with caution. Bryan Au was a JUCO all american and looked completely lost on the D1 level.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information