Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: G1 Regional Final: Louisiana 2, Texas 4

1. Default Re: G1 Regional Final: Louisiana 2, Texas 4

Today’s sun game surely didn’t help . . .

Default Re: G1 Regional Final: Louisiana 2, Texas 4

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Nobody wins in college with two runs.
    IMO this is taking the scope too far out. A 2-1 victory was very much a possibility today. We were right on the cusp of UT fans being the ones saying, “man if only we hadn’t fallen behind 3-0 to one of their best.” Pitching was absolutely solid today. Not taking away from that. The minutiae that wins and loses postseason baseball games is frankly what makes it fun. Just obviously not on night’s like tonight when it happens to your team.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    IMO this is taking the scope too far out. A 2-1 victory was very much a possibility today. We were right on the cusp of UT fans being the ones saying, “man if only we hadn’t fallen behind 3-0 to one of their best.” Pitching was absolutely solid today. Not taking away from that. The minutiae that wins and loses postseason baseball games is frankly what makes it fun. Just obviously not on night’s like tonight when it happens to your team.
    Possible mathmatically, but not very possible. 2-1 games are unicorns anymore. They just are. Coastal is hosting with a team ERA over 6.

4. Default Re: G1 Regional Final: Louisiana 2, Texas 4

2-1 games are unicorns anymore. They just are. Coastal is hosting with a team ERA over 6
    Nobody today has won with 2 runs . . .

Not trying to show up Dad, but we’ve won regional games with 2 or less. We’ve lost them also. At least in recent memory.

I get where it’s coming from. It’s an anomaly in todays game.

The home run rob changed everything today.

Possible mathmatically, but not very possible. 2-1 games are unicorns anymore. They just are. Coastal is hosting with a team ERA over 6.
    In what way was it not possible? We were 2 PITCHES away from it being a reality. We all know Blake Marshall on his best day could come in that situation in the 6th and close the door with no further damage. We had 2 outs nobody on in the 7th. Our staff is very capable of escaping that situation. If you had asked me pregame are we gonna win with just 2, im with you saying probably not. That doesn’t change that it was still there for the taking today.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Not trying to show up Dad, but we’ve won regional games with 2 or less. We’ve lost them also. At least in recent memory.

I get where it’s coming from. It’s an anomaly in todays game.

The home run rob changed everything today.
    Previous seasons are not very relevent, but I wish rhey were.

College baseball is full of 23, 24 year olds, super seniors on their 6th seasons because of COVID.

The draft is half as big as it was three years ago. MLB cancelled nearly half their minor league teams.

All those guy went to college. Team and conference ERAs have ballooned to record highs everywhere.

Previous seasons are not comparable.

I personally would prefer to see better pitching, but it is what it is.

In what way was it not possible? We were 2 PITCHES away from it being a reality. We all know Blake Marshall on his best day could come in that situation in the 6th and close the door with no further damage. We had 2 outs nobody on in the 7th. Our staff is very capable of escaping that situation. If you had asked me pregame are we gonna win with just 2, im with you saying probably not. That doesn’t change that it was still there for the taking today.
    He is saying for the most part it is highly unlikely in today's game to win with two runs. It very seldom happens. JD is the most knowledgeable baseball guy on this board. In JD I trust.

It is possible of course. Not a realistic expectation for me anyway, given the imbalance between college hitting and pitching.

We won 40 games so far and just one with 2 runs. BYU on Feb. 24. 1 in 40 makes it possible, but unlikely....2.5%

10. Default Re: G1 Regional Final: Louisiana 2, Texas 4

We have scored an average of 7 runs a game this year. Our ERA is about 4.4. We need 5 runs to win. They scored 4. If we scored 5 we win. It’s not hard to see.

11. Default Re: G1 Regional Final: Louisiana 2, Texas 4

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    He is saying for the most part it is highly unlikely in today's game to win with two runs. It very seldom happens. JD is the most knowledgeable baseball guy on this board. In JD I trust.
    What is pretty funny is that never do you see any one post “in JMV I trust” . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We have scored an average of 7 runs a game this year. Our ERA is about 4.4. We need 5 runs to win. They scored 4. If we scored 5 we win. It’s not hard to see.
    We have dropped our team ERA a half run in the last 3 weeks, pitching lights out.

The same people expecting us to win pitchers duels were wondering who our next pitching coach could be after the So. Miss series.

It is possible of course. Not a realistic expectation for me anyway, given the imbalance between college hitting and pitching.

We won 40 games so far and just one with 2 runs. BYU on Feb. 24. 1 in 40 makes it possible, but unlikely....2.5%
    We won 2 games with just 2 runs. There are another 10 where we allowed less than 2 runs, so 12 wins out of 40 where 2 runs would have sufficed.

When you can zoom the 6th and 7th in to being one pitch away multiple times from escaping, I'm less inclined to just sit back and say, "well the state of college baseball."

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The game is driven by numbers. Science!

Texas robbed a 3-run HR

That was the difference in the game.

Everything else is just blabbering.

The pitchers pitched well enough to win. The hitters did enough to win without a couple of GREAT plays.

Texas made those plays to win the game.

On to the next.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information