Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: G1 Regional Final: Louisiana 2, Texas 4

1. Default Re: G1 Regional Final: Louisiana 2, Texas 4

If you are out there casting blame against other pitchers for today you should be looking in your own house . . . How teuth that should be . . .

Default Re: G1 Regional Final: Louisiana 2, Texas 4

The plays that went Texas’ way today required us to play a flawless game to beat them. We didn’t. Our pitching wasn’t flawless. Our clutch hitting wasn’t flawless. I believe Deggs sending the runner early could have been a momentum starter but he didn’t. Regardless, we just got beat. Get ready for tomorrow and win a game we are supposed to. We’ll see Texas again if we want to compete for this regional. Coastal thought they were done with us too.

3. Default Re: G1 Regional Final: Louisiana 2, Texas 4

Agreed . . . tomorrow is another day . . . we never surrender . . .

Default Re: Cajuns vs Longhorns

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    He’s right that’s why I’ve been saying that the whole time. If we throw strikes we have a different outcome
    If you watch all the other games, or have watched a bunch of non-Cajun games this year, or look at team statistics for 95+% of college teams this year, you’d probably see that walking just 3 guys in a game is a really good number.

Edit: I just looked it up. FOUR teams in the entire country walked fewer than 3 guys per game this season.

Feel good about the way the boys played overall. We’re not out yet by a long shot.

6. Default Re: G1 Regional Final: Louisiana 2, Texas 4

Let’s pull together and advance tomorrow . . . Please no tueth throwers out there, please . . .

7. Default Re: G1 Regional Final: Louisiana 2, Texas 4

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    The plays that went Texas’ way today required us to play a flawless game to beat them. We didn’t. Our pitching wasn’t flawless. Our clutch hitting wasn’t flawless. I believe Deggs sending the runner early could have been a momentum starter but he didn’t. Regardless, we just got beat. Get ready for tomorrow and win a game we are supposed to. We’ll see Texas again if we want to compete for this regional. Coastal thought they were done with us too.
    And that is the difference. The crazy thing is that we’re playing our best baseball of the season. The margin of error is just so thin against teams with elite top end talent.

8. Default Re: G1 Regional Final: Louisiana 2, Texas 4

We still have a bullet left. I don’t see any game being won with 2 runs yet in the playoffs . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    If you watch all the other games, or have watched a bunch of non-Cajun games this year, or look at team statistics for 95+% of college teams this year, you’d probably see that walking just 3 guys in a game is a really good number.

Edit: I just looked it up. FOUR teams in the entire country walked fewer than 3 guys per game this season.
    3 walks in a game is a great number. 3 in 1 inning is tough to overcome. We gave Texas 2 free bases to load the bases for their best hitter, and he made us pay. We only issued 1 other walk the rest of the game. In addition, not throwing strikes doesn’t always result in walks. Marshall’s run (Nezuh’s second actually) was surrendered by falling behind in 3 straight counts putting him in a 3-1 count and having to catch more of the plate than you want to. Overall solid performance. Devil’s in the details.

We lost a very close game to two pitchers nobody will be surprised to see in the big leagues in 2 or 3 years. Texas needed not one but two Sportcenter top 10 plays to do it.

Our pitching kept us in the game and gave us multiple chances to win, which is all you can ask or expect. Nobody wins in college with two runs.

11. Default Re: G1 Regional Final: Louisiana 2, Texas 4

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    We lost a very close game to two pitchers nobody will be surprised to see in the big leagues in 2 or 3 years. Texas needed not one but two Sportcenter top 10 plays to do it.

Our pitching kept us in the game and gave us multiple chances to win, which is all you can ask or expect. Nobody wins in college with two runs.
    You can’t put it any better than this . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    3 walks in a game is a great number. 3 in 1 inning is tough to overcome. We gave Texas 2 free bases to load the bases for their best hitter, and he made us pay. We only issued 1 other walk the rest of the game. In addition, not throwing strikes doesn’t always result in walks. Marshall’s run (Nezuh’s second actually) was surrendered by falling behind in 3 straight counts putting him in a 3-1 count and having to catch more of the plate than you want to. Overall solid performance. Devil’s in the details.
    It was a 2 walks (1 from Marshall and 1 from Ethridge) and a single before the bases loaded double.

But I get what you’re saying.

Ethridge probably had some serious nerves working (which is completely understandable). He came in and went WP, walk, double, walk. And then settled in and retired the next four to end his outing/the game.

Either way, walking 3 guys and allowing 4 runs against that team is an excellent pitching result.

And without a 3-run HR being robbed, you have 5 runs. Another excellent result against the Big 12 Pitcher of the Year.

As MAT (I think it was) said, once you get to this point, the margin is ultra slim. Texas made two great defensive plays. That was the difference in the game.

Looking like Maine tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Brock has been so miserable in the clutch the last few weeks it feels like he's due for a big hit in this game
    This was my fear when he caught just about every inning this year. He’s gassed.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    This was my fear when he caught just about every inning this year. He’s gassed.
    Absolutely wore out. No doubt.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information