Thread: Louisiana Athletics Staff Promotions

1. People Louisiana Athletics Staff Promotions

Louisiana Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics Dr. Bryan Maggard announced the promotion of several employees, recognizing their hard work and dedication to Louisiana Athletics, it was announced Wednesday.

On Maggard's senior leadership team:
    Tom Burke was promoted to Senior Associate Athletics Director for Compliance and has sport oversight over football.

Christy Alford was elevated to Senior Associate Athletics Director for Academic Services and will continue to hold sport administrator responsibilities for volleyball.

Travis Soileau was promoted to Associate Athletics Director for Athletic Training and serves as the sport administrator for track and field.

Heather Williams was named Associate Athletics Director for Creative Services and Fan Engagement and serves as the women's tennis sport administrator.

The Senior Leadership Team also includes:
    Deputy Director of Athletics/Chief Financial Officer Duane Bailey.

Deputy Director of Athletics/RCAF Executive Director Trey Frazier.

Deputy Director of Athletics/SWA Dr. Jessica Leger

Associate Director of Athletics for Communications & Digital Strategy Evan Roberts.

Troy Wingerter was promoted to Assistant Athletics Director/Chief of Staff for Football.

Haylee Blitch was elevated to Assistant Athletics Director for Creative Video.

Joel Billeaud was named Assistant Athletics Director for Broadcast Operations.

In Marketing and Fan Engagement, Sam DeMuzio was promoted to Assistant Athletics Director for Marketing and Fan Experience

Faith Boudreaux was named Associate Director of Marketing and Fan Experience.

Marcus Marks has been elevated to Director of Event Management

Jalen Lewis as Event Management Coordinator.

In the Athletics Communications office, Matt Sullivan was elevated to Director of Athletics Communications

Matt Hebert was promoted to Associate Director of Athletics Communications.

Tom Perpetua Associate Director of Athletics Communications.

Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Staff Promotions

Lots of fancy titles....wonder if overall efforts will be worthy of said titles...
    For instance, just got an email about basketball season tickets, would waiting a few days to find out if JB is returning could have leveraged to increase sales...instead it's another ho hum effort...but enjoy those fancy titles, they'll look great on your resume

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Lots of fancy titles....wonder if overall efforts will be worthy of said titles...
    For instance, just got an email about basketball season tickets, would waiting a few days to find out if JB is returning could have leveraged to increase sales...instead it's another ho hum effort...but enjoy those fancy titles, they'll look great on your resume
    The first thought I had was, well who held these positions before? Then realizing we are approaching the end of the athletic year, this was maybe done for a line of accountability and avoiding a helter skelter approach. I notice neither basketball programs listed.

On the up side, "Marketing and Fan experience has TWO people" I have a feeling will get to know the RPCA real well at some point.

Wishing all the best, because if they succeed, UL succeeds.

4. Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Staff Promotions

So it's not the entire staff, just the movers and shakers.

5. Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Staff Promotions

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    So it's not the entire staff, just the movers and shakers.
    I love your optimism . . .

6. Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Staff Promotions

In Marketing and Fan Engagement, Sam DeMuzio was promoted to Assistant Athletics Director for Marketing and Fan Experience

lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by RAGINCAJUN11 View Post

lol.....
    So when 7k show up for football…

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    So when 7k show up for football…
    Really hoping that's not the case. Really.

It would be nice to know what they have in the works or really what they've been doing since the start of 2023. As it looks right now, it's more of the same, but I hope that's just my perception.

I renewed 4 tickets. I hope others renewed too. And I really hope the department has made some efforts to sell more and improve the overall experience in the fall. No one wants a repeat of last season's attendance.

Now that these “promotions” have been announced, a bigger question is will their previous positions be filled! If not, this appears to be a method to simply increase their pay (which I’m sure they deserve), but will this actually improve the department?

10. Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Staff Promotions

Did Duane ever move to Lafayette?

11. Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Staff Promotions

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    Did Duane ever move to Lafayette?
    He is hyper focused.

In August of 2020, Bailey increased his role at the University. Assuming oversight of:

All campus auxiliary units.

Property Management.

Retail Operations.

Transportation Services.

Continuing Education.

Campus Food Services.

Marine Survival Training Center

and KRVS Radio 88.7FM

12. Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Staff Promotions

It would be hard to see all of that from too close . . .

13. Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Staff Promotions

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It would be hard to see all of that from too close . . .
    That is funny

Thread Information