Thread: Taking Our Talents to South Beach!

Tickets Taking Our Talents to South Beach!

The Guys are back to celebrate an NCAA Regional birth in Coral Gables, FL! Louisiana gets into the field as an at-large selection after a gutty performance in the SBC Baseball Tournament and makes the postseason for the 2nd season in a row under Matt Deggs. We'll breakdown Maine, Texas and Miami later in the episode. But first, we'll address the Sun Belt getting 4 teams into the tournament for the 5th time since 2000, dissect those regionals, talk about the committee selections, our thoughts on rivals in the postseason and take your calls. As Coach Robe would have said, it was a great Memorial Day!

RR Reaction [3:42]

The Selection Committee [18:04]

Sun Belt Regionals [22:04]

Cajuns & The Coral Gables Regional [58:06]

Follow us on these platforms:
    YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Twitch

2. Default Re: Taking Our Talents to South Beach!

Stadium at the U is named for Yankee Alex Rodriguez, Maybe fellow Yankee (and Cajun) Ron Guidry can talk to him and get some special host perks thrown the Cajuns/Cajuns Fans way.

Default Re: Taking Our Talents to South Beach!

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Stadium at the U is named for Yankee Alex Rodriguez, Maybe fellow Yankee (and Cajun) Ron Guidry can talk to him and get some special host perks thrown the Cajuns/Cajuns Fans way.
    That's funny. I'm sure he wrote them a check or something, but he never played college ball. He was in the bigs at 18 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    That's funny. I'm sure he wrote them a check or something, but he never played college ball. He was in the bigs at 18 year old.
    He grew up in miami, signed loi with miami to play baseball and recruited to play qb as well. Went pro instead.

5. Default Re: Taking Our Talents to South Beach!

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    Gave them a cool 4 mil for that honor, lol

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    He grew up in miami, signed loi with miami to play baseball and recruited to play qb as well. Went pro instead.
    Yea, I'm fairly certain he had and still does have a pretty strong relationship with the baseball program. Not just someone sending a check.

7. Default Re: Taking Our Talents to South Beach!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond View Post
    Gave them a cool 4 mil for that honor, lol
    that is barely enough for our silent phase during the farmer days, wow

Read the title and thought y'all were all going to do a live show down in South a beach .

Quick question for y'all experts; is this the first time that the 4 major program (football, M basketball, Baseball, and Softball) all made NCAA postseason in the same season? Had anyone else in the state been able to? Seems kinda flagshipppy to me lol. Think I might print a flagship of South Louisiana shirt to troll them Ruston bois next time I go visit them. Haha

9. Default Re: Taking Our Talents to South Beach!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Read the title and thought y'all were all going to do a live show down in South a beach .

Quick question for y'all experts; is this the first time that the 4 major program (football, M basketball, Baseball, and Softball) all made NCAA postseason in the same season? Had anyone else in the state been able to? Seems kinda flagshipppy to me lol. Think I might print a flagship of South Louisiana shirt to troll them Ruston bois next time I go visit them. Haha
    Cajuns accomplished this in 2014.

10. Default Re: Taking Our Talents to South Beach!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Cajuns accomplished this in 2014.
    First time done by tier 1 scholar athletes

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post

latech basketball hasn't been dancing since 1991. Their softball and baseball teams have 7 regionals combined since 1991, so they definitely haven't anytime in the last 30+ years

Thread Information