Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: REGIONAL WATCH PARTY

Default Re: REGIONAL WATCH PARTY

We need to stop comparing ourselves to App or Troy air any other G5 that has grown organically. Because we ain’t it. We never will be because we have a soft base and near zero organic growth.

The administration view themselves as liberal elites and we are the peasants.

Bring them the framework of Apps student programs. Their growth policies and how they develops their culture. We get told “we can’t do that here”.

It’s useless. We will never reach our full potential because we are led by Punxsutawney Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    That paper isn't as iron clad as people think it is. It's basically useless to have people sign a waiver once you're in court.
    Yup. Iron clad like the paper it is on.

The Table Room is an idea, if they can work around the "Cajun Heartland State Fair" wristband police AND keep the fair participants from coming in just for the air conditioning and/or toilets.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It was $40 but the point stands.. In all honesty, I’d rather spend my $100 in the Stadium Club at the Tigue..
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    When I was coaching I had players that had to take there cleats off in the dugout due to their feet burning. Someone measured the turf with a temp gun and it was at 137 degrees.
    Broussard's turf got up to around 140 last June for one of our tournaments. Don't make the mistake of wearing the wrong shoes because they will melt on the turf.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Yup. Iron clad like the paper it is on.

The Table Room is an idea, if they can work around the "Cajun Heartland State Fair" wristband police AND keep the fair participants from coming in just for the air conditioning and/or toilets.
    Oh wow, completely forgot Cajun Heartland State Fair was this weekend. Yea that's an issue (with Table Room).

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Oh wow, completely forgot Cajun Heartland State Fair was this weekend. Yea that's an issue (with Table Room).
    Well, we all know what makes up a lot of that school across the basin's fanbase. May be an opportunity......

Saw this surfing, did not want to start new thread.

https://conferenceusa.com/news/2023/...ll-season.aspx

I hunted with that dog Roxy before.

9. Default Re: REGIONAL WATCH PARTY

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Well, we all know what makes up a lot of that school across the basin's fanbase. May be an opportunity......
    Lol. But to your point, what better way to recruit new fans than to go to where they’ll be…

Lol. But to your point, what better way to recruit new fans than to go to where they’ll be…
    I would not be surprised Bud Lite fills the air at the CHSF. Nothing political, just because I'd bet it's going to be so cheap. Cheap beer and Walmart silkscreen filling the air...along with the occasional cotton candy upchuck.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I would not be surprised Bud Lite fills the air at the CHSF. Nothing political, just because I'd bet it's going to be so cheap. Cheap beer and Walmart silkscreen filling the air...along with the occasional cotton candy upchuck.
    All while in line for a corn dog and airbrush t-shirt.

Here is a thought. Actually more than a thought but I'm not going into details and frankly don't know them all.

UL has restaurants/bars that are substantial sponsors for our athletic department. These sponsors aren't making donations. They are making investments. Part of that investment is getting people into their establishments for our games. That is your answer to this whole watch party issue.

13. Default Re: REGIONAL WATCH PARTY

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Here is a thought. Actually more than a thought but I'm not going into details and frankly don't know them all.

UL has restaurants/bars that are substantial sponsors for our athletic department. These sponsors aren't making donations. They are making investments. Part of that investment is getting people into their establishments for our games. That is your answer to this whole watch party issue.
    People will attend those watch parties regardless. There’s a reason why professional organizations and large schools around the country do this kind of thing.

People will attend those watch parties regardless. There’s a reason why professional organizations and large schools around the country do this kind of thing.
    I'm not arguing a point with anyone. I am stating a fact. Not sure if it is contractual with sponsors or just an "understanding" but it is the reason.

15. Default Re: REGIONAL WATCH PARTY

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I'm not arguing a point with anyone. I am stating a fact. Not sure if it is contractual with sponsors or just an "understanding" but it is the reason.
    Just participating in your comment. There isn’t a one size fits all approach. We are a fanbase that is desperate for fan engagement, outreach and cultivation. Until we have a robust following, any and every decent avenue should be considered, in my opinion.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information