Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: REGIONAL WATCH PARTY

Default Re: REGIONAL WATCH PARTY

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Again, it wasn’t too hard for Scott Farmer to figure out. All of the “challenges” you just mentioned existed in 2015.
    The game I remember being there to watch was in the evening, not the heat of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    And this is why we can’t have nice things. Seriously! It’s gonna be hot, we should just drop the Ragin off the moniker because we are a fan base filled with _______.
    Really? We've had fans dropping like flies in the heat before so let's send them out on the turf. You can call them _____ all you want but that brings up another issue, you will need Acadian to be there for this exact reason.

If the admins were smart, they’d open up the Tigue, put the game on the big board, invite families, sell limited concessions and adult beverages. Have things for the kids, dizzy bat races and fun activities between innings.

Would be great for media coverage, would be great for fan appreciation, great for shared energy, great for social media PR, help die hards that can’t get to Miami and don’t really have streaming at home (like our older crowd) and on and on and on…

DITTO!!! If this is not done, what a shame on UL.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    If I were in charge I would look at:
    1pm game
    Weekday
    92 degree day in Lafayette
    70% chance of rain in Coral Gables

With all that I would not open the stadium.

But I do hope if we get to the finals that that would look at it again.

Having every televised away Cajuns sporting event at The Table Room open from 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM. Cajundome takes % cut of alcohol sales, bartenders get tipped out, athletic department gets the rest. I know that's a pipedream though because the people who run the Cajundome have enough trouble doing their day-to-day.

5. Default Re: REGIONAL WATCH PARTY

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    The game I remember being there to watch was in the evening, not the heat of the day.
    The games were open for all of our games of the regional. Not all games will be at Friday at 1:00.

6. Default Re: REGIONAL WATCH PARTY

Really? We've had fans dropping like flies in the heat before so let's send them out on the turf. You can call them _____ all you want but that brings up another issue, you will need Acadian to be there for this exact reason.
    Sign a liability waiver. Easy.

The games were open for all of our games of the regional. Not all games will be at Friday at 1:00.
    Gotcha. Couldn't remember all the details from back then.

Sign a liability waiver. Easy.
    That paper isn't as iron clad as people think it is. It's basically useless to have people sign a waiver once you're in court.

9. Default Re: REGIONAL WATCH PARTY

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    1pm game
    Weekday
    92 degree day in Lafayette
    70% chance of rain in Coral Gables

With all that I would not open the stadium.

But I do hope if we get to the finals that that would look at it again.
    I think Friday at 1PM to open the stadium to watch the game is a bad idea even if the sound system was perfect. Most people will be unable to attend because of work, although I have a sneaky suspicion that those who are at work will be watching it online. 90+ degrees on a Friday afternoon on a day of work is not going to bring out much of a crowd to be honest with you.

I do think, however that the university should partner with local establishments to promote who is having the watch parties and those that promote UL athletics either financially or otherwise like (Adopted Dog, Pete's, Mid City Smoke House, Legend's, ETC). If I were the owner of one of those establishments, I would run a special like this.....(one particular beer--local flavor, like Bayou Tech, Adopted Dog, or Parish beer, one wine special, one mixed drink special and one food special with a portion of the proceeds of each of those specials being donated back to the UL Athletic Department/RCAF.

Here is what it could look like:

Discounted pricing on the following

House Wine, All Parish beers, and mixed drinks using Wildcat distillery drinks. And $1 off all burgers with 10% or whatever they chose going back to the RCAF/Athletic Department.

Let's just say this, lets assume Pete's gets 50 people there to watch the game (Cajun fan's or not) and they run this special and each of them have bills that run around $50. That is $2500, with $250 going back to UL, I think it would be more. If each of the before mentioned establishments do this for let's say 3 games, hopefully more, then they would pass a minimum of $3000 back to the university athletic department as a donation.

I think this would be a nice way of partnering with local companies and playing the money forward while bringing in fans to not be in the 100-degree weather and still being able to watch the games together.

Just a thought.

And yet we played stAte at 2:30 in early September with 105 heat index and packed over 25k into Cajun Field.

I guess I’m debating with the right demographic.

11. Default Re: REGIONAL WATCH PARTY

That paper isn't as iron clad as people think it is. It's basically useless to have people sign a waiver once you're in court.
    Probably right but it’s usually a good deferment for suits.

Even if it’s not for Friday’s game, which I agree will not attract as many as an evening game would, the option should be explored and offered for a plethora of reasons. We figured out the logistics in 2015; we should be able to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I think Friday at 1PM to open the stadium to watch the game is a bad idea even if the sound system was perfect. Most people will be unable to attend because of work, although I have a sneaky suspicion that those who are at work will be watching it online. 90+ degrees on a Friday afternoon on a day of work is not going to bring out much of a crowd to be honest with you.

I do think, however that the university should partner with local establishments to promote who is having the watch parties and those that promote UL athletics either financially or otherwise like (Adopted Dog, Pete's, Mid City Smoke House, Legend's, ETC). If I were the owner of one of those establishments, I would run a special like this.....(one particular beer--local flavor, like Bayou Tech, Adopted Dog, or Parish beer, one wine special, one mixed drink special and one food special with a portion of the proceeds of each of those specials being donated back to the UL Athletic Department/RCAF.

Here is what it could look like:

Discounted pricing on the following

House Wine, All Parish beers, and mixed drinks using Wildcat distillery drinks. And $1 off all burgers with 10% or whatever they chose going back to the RCAF/Athletic Department.

Let's just say this, lets assume Pete's gets 50 people there to watch the game (Cajun fan's or not) and they run this special and each of them have bills that run around $50. That is $2500, with $250 going back to UL, I think it would be more. If each of the before mentioned establishments do this for let's say 3 games, hopefully more, then they would pass a minimum of $3000 back to the university athletic department as a donation.

I think this would be a nice way of partnering with local companies and playing the money forward while bringing in fans to not be in the 100-degree weather and still being able to watch the games together.

Just a thought.
    MAT and his son Big Cat couldn't eat for $50 with no drinks, LOL.

13. Default Re: REGIONAL WATCH PARTY

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I said on average, some of us would be much more than that, some would be less. I could not do it either. In 3 hours time, my bill would be a minimum of 3 times that.

14. Default Re: REGIONAL WATCH PARTY

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    It was $40 but the point stands.. In all honesty, I’d rather spend my $100 in the Stadium Club at the Tigue..

These threads are always interesting. Here's another issue nobody is mentioning.... the turf. Have you been on turf at 1:00 pm when it's 90 degrees? More like 110 on the turf. You will also need staff there to keep people from bringing food, beer, & drinks on the turf if you open the field. Lots of spills and you're changing out there all over the place. Just throwing that out there.

Now I agree on having watch parties at your sponsors establishments.
    When I was coaching I had players that had to take there cleats off in the dugout due to their feet burning. Someone measured the turf with a temp gun and it was at 137 degrees.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information