Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: REGIONAL WATCH PARTY

Default Re: REGIONAL WATCH PARTY

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It’s not giving deference to them when it’s the only stance you ever take..
    Selective memory.

2. Default Re: REGIONAL WATCH PARTY

Imagine sending a video to the boys and coaches of the fans supporting them at the Tigue while they are in Florida.

Then using that video as a recruiting tool for future fans and potential players.

There really is not a big obstacle stopping this from happening. It's excuses that are holding us back.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Maybe there isnt enough staff. Maybe its too short notice. Maybe its 100 other reasons other than a "lazy admin"... (bring on the "yOu ArE A sHiLl 4 tHe AdMin AnD aN LsU fRaUd" comments)

Its a cost benefit analysis. They dont see the benefit compared to the cost, and I dont think that's unreasonable. If we had 5k in the stadium every week like the last time they did a watch party, that would be one thing. The excitement isnt there like it was back in 2014-16.

Especially considering there are several sponsors with space where a watch party can happen.
    Didn't see this post originally.

Quick question. If we opened the gates, turned on the lights and the video board; would it REALLY hurt us that bad financially? If we did this right, I would look at it like a marketing tool. We all know that marketing usually causes business to eat a little bit of cost. But this can actually bring about a net benefit if we promote things like RCAF or season tickets for 2024 in this. Also, we weren't drawing crowds of 5k in 2015 which was the year they did this; and it was a hit.

4. Default Re: REGIONAL WATCH PARTY

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Selective memory.
    It’s archived right here on this board. Over and over again.

God forbid fans have ideas to grow the base and the bank account. I know to some, that’s just a blasphemous thought. How dare we think we “know better” than the professionals!

I came here to promote an idea after a very VERY popular and positive response on social media, in private and among diamond club members who can’t make the trip to Miami. You, in particular, took exception. For what reason? Who the hell knows.. Nothing I proposed was direct, negative, unreasonable, unprecedented, impractical or otherwise ridiculous.

5. Default Re: REGIONAL WATCH PARTY

Quote Originally Posted by RAGINCAJUN11 View Post
    Imagine sending a video to the boys and coaches of the fans supporting them at the Tigue while they are in Florida.

Then using that video as a recruiting tool for future fans and potential players.

There really is not a big obstacle stopping this from happening. It's excuses that are holding us back.
    The positive impact on social media and local news media alone would be worth every cent.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Or invite local food trucks, advertise the hell out of it. Let them keep the proceeds and use the even at a “new season ticket” drive. Hire a band and just eat the cost. Do it for the entire regional.

Make it a tradition and have an annual regional watch party at the Russo Park. Have renderings of the clubhouse and fundraising goals for it to be kicked off and where we are in that process.

it’s not that hard!
    Crickets

GET IT DONE

8. Default Re: REGIONAL WATCH PARTY

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Is it possible the administration had given up on the postseason and are not mobile enough to pivot on unexpected success?

There should always be a proactive local organized watch party location, above and beyond what fans do for themselves.

jmo
    ps Perhaps with all the Louisiana Athletics promotions that occur yearly on June 1st, no one quite knows their future job requirements yet, or worse have already abandoned their old duties.

Needed: Assistant Athletic Director who can think out of the box and recognize opportunities in advance of actual event, and acts (not reacts) on those opportunities.

These threads are always interesting. Here's another issue nobody is mentioning.... the turf. Have you been on turf at 1:00 pm when it's 90 degrees? More like 110 on the turf. You will also need staff there to keep people from bringing food, beer, & drinks on the turf if you open the field. Lots of spills and you're changing out there all over the place. Just throwing that out there.

Now I agree on having watch parties at your sponsors establishments.

If I were in charge I would look at:
    1pm game
    Weekday
    92 degree day in Lafayette
    70% chance of rain in Coral Gables

With all that I would not open the stadium.

But I do hope if we get to the finals that that would look at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    These threads are always interesting. Here's another issue nobody is mentioning.... the turf. Have you been on turf at 1:00 pm when it's 90 degrees? More like 110 on the turf. You will also need staff there to keep people from bringing food, beer, & drinks on the turf if you open the field. Lots of spills and you're changing out there all over the place. Just throwing that out there.

It worked in 2015. It can work now.

14. Default Re: REGIONAL WATCH PARTY

Again, it wasn’t too hard for Scott Farmer to figure out. All of the “challenges” you just mentioned existed in 2015.

And this is why we can’t have nice things. Seriously! It’s gonna be hot, we should just drop the Ragin off the moniker because we are a fan base filled with _______.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information