Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: CAJUNS ARE IN 3 SEED IN WITH TEXAS

UL Baseball CAJUNS ARE IN 3 SEED IN WITH TEXAS

I got so excited I walked away from the TV and the graphic with the regional went away.....but we're in with Texas as 4 seed!!!!

Default Re: CAJUNS ARE IN 3 SEED IN WITH TEXAS

Quote Originally Posted by olhardhead View Post
    I got so excited I walked away from the TV and the graphic with the regional went away.....but we're in with Texas as 4 seed!!!!
    Texas is not a 4 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by olhardhead View Post
    Louisiana is the 3 seed!

In Miami regional

I'd rather see Cajuns going to the Hurricane, than another hurricane coming here...

yeah see..... I was typing with my fangers going craaazzy....I ment with Texas as the four seed.....Hell to tha yeah.... those guys deserve this.....

Texas is 2 seed Maine is 4 seed

8. Default Re: CAJUNS ARE IN 3 SEED IN WITH TEXAS

OK. I'm off friday. Work Monday. I could do this maybe. What time are the games?

9. Default Re: CAJUNS ARE IN 3 SEED IN WITH TEXAS

Winning is exciting, but it is not fulfilling. Fulfillment comes only with humility.
    This gloating when we win, this whining when we don’t, they destroy happiness. A guy said to me once, “Most fans are nothing of the sort. They are not fans of the school, the team, or the players. They just want to win.”
    Correction: they expect to win. They suffer from an entitlement mentality.
    And that is a shame.

CajunFun

Quote Originally Posted by mphscajun View Post
    OK. I'm off friday. Work Monday. I could do this maybe. What time are the games?
    For those of us who have to stay home, viewing game may be an issue. ESPN says game will be on Longhorn Network. Most people don’t have that on their system and most sports bar in area do not either.

11. Default Re: CAJUNS ARE IN 3 SEED IN WITH TEXAS

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    For those of us who have to stay home, viewing game may be an issue. ESPN says game will be on Longhorn Network. Most people don’t have that on their system and most sports bar in area do not either.
    Are you certain that this is actually the case? With Softball, the LHN did not have exclusive rights to the Texas games. I recall in the past that NCAA Tournament games (softball and baseball) rights were always held by ESPN.

IOW, the NCAA has rights to their own tournament ... which is different than Texas being able to dictate where their product is shown during the regular season and Big XII Tournament (they have an agreement with the conference).

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Are you certain that this is actually the case? With Softball, the LHN did not have exclusive rights to the Texas games. I recall in the past that NCAA Tournament games (softball and baseball) rights were always held by ESPN.

Brian
    I am not certain that is case. I just know I had no luck with trying to watch our basketball game vs Texas on LHN. The ESPN website shows the LHN as game carrier while it shows ESPN + as carrier for most games. I think the LHN is a subsidiary of ESPN in some respects.

So, who determines who has the broadcast rights for the regional games?
    NCAA?

14. Default Re: CAJUNS ARE IN 3 SEED IN WITH TEXAS

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Winning is exciting, but it is not fulfilling. Fulfillment comes only with humility.
    This gloating when we win, this whining when we don’t, they destroy happiness. A guy said to me once, “Most fans are nothing of the sort. They are not fans of the school, the team, or the players. They just want to win.”
    And that is a shame.

CajunFun
    I had a friend who found it very fulfilling just to read the final scores in the paper.

"Fulfilling" is subjective.

The more you know about the nuances of the game, the more fulfillment and disappointment opportunities exist. Which is why the emotion index can rise and fall so fast for those who tuely enjoy the game.

Like I said there are also those who could not care less about the game and are only concerned with the final score.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    And that is a shame.

CajunFun
    The view of all fans expecting to win is due to fact many don’t understand how much work it takes to be successful nor realize that your opponents are doing the same. More respect amongst athletes and coaches vs fan bases. GenERAL STATEMENT not specific to us.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information