Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Baseball Regional Selection Show

Default Re: NCAA Baseball Regional Selection Show

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Then what do you think swayed the committee?
    Why was UC-Irvine left out?
    Chairman said specifically their record against top 50

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Thanks

Then what do you think swayed the committee?
    Why was UC-Irvine left out?
    And Oklahoma gets in with a 31-24 record. Go figure.

Someone please enlighten me on how Coastal is so highly ranked and is a regional host. The have a 13-11 signature win vs. Wake Forest, but also lost to them 11-1 in 7 innings. They lost to NC State and College of Charleston. They split with Illinois and lost to Clemson. They split with Campbell and beat N. Carolina. And, they lost 2 straight games to UL to end their season and didn't even win our conference.

4. Default Re: NCAA Baseball Regional Selection Show

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Cajuns and Troy were part of last four to get in. Four teams from Sun Belt made it. Conference is getting some respect.
    Yes. It is confusing the way they present it ... But Arizona was the very last team selected to the field. Louisiana was second to last ... followed by Oklahoma and Troy. So ...

#61 Troy
    #62 Oklahoma
    #63 Louisiana
    #64 Arizona

Meanwhile ... Arizona State was the first team left out ... followed by Kansas State, Kent State, and UC Irvine. So, I applaud the selection committee for seeing through the UC Irvine resume. Neither D1 Baseball nor Baseball America clued into this (let's see if they figure it out in the post-analysis). In fact, every projection I saw had UC Irvine in the field.

#65 Arizona State
    #66 Kansas State
    #67 Kent State (similar resume to UC Irvine re: Top 50 ... not enough games vs. Top 100 ... but a conference champion)
    #68 UC Irvine

Brian

Pitching staff will be rested . Will they have their best stuff is the question.

6. Default Re: NCAA Baseball Regional Selection Show

Exactly what I had laid out as the reason they should not be included. The 18-12 record vs. the Top 100 was just an excuse for prognosticators to select them to the field ... but on deeper inspection was fool's gold.

Brian

Name:  Marshall Law.png
Views: 362
Size:  858.3 KB

Marshall got dat!
    The Law

8. Default Re: NCAA Baseball Regional Selection Show

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    Pitching staff will be rested . Will they have their best stuff is the question.
    This was my point ... which remains to be seen. Will they have enough rest to have their best stuff.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Exactly what I had laid out as the reason they should not be included. The 18-12 record vs. the Top 100 was just an excuse for prognosticators to select them to the field ... but on deeper inspection was fool's gold.

Brian
    That’s why you da man Brian!

10. Default Re: NCAA Baseball Regional Selection Show

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    And Oklahoma gets in with a 31-24 record. Go figure.

Someone please enlighten me on how Coastal is so highly ranked and is a regional host. The have a 13-11 signature win vs. Wake Forest, but also lost to them 11-1 in 7 innings. They lost to NC State and College of Charleston. They split with Illinois and lost to Clemson. They split with Campbell and beat N. Carolina. And, they lost 2 straight games to UL to end their season and didn't even win our conference.
    They took 2/3 from Campbell. I do not think Coastal should be the #10 seed ... that is lofty. But #12/#13 is certainly arguable. But what this is ... is respect for the Sun Belt. Also, it would have been difficult to assign Coastal a #10 national seed, while leaving out the team that beat them three times ... and went 4-3 against the committee's Top 10 seeds. Especially given that other parts of the resume were sound.

Oklahoma was in ... as I said they would be ... because they proved themselves against the RPI Top 25 (as the Cajuns did), going 6-9 ... and 12-13 vs. the RPI Top 50 (a well distributed schedule vs. the Top 50). They applied consistency with their criteria here.

Brian

11. Default Re: NCAA Baseball Regional Selection Show

Moody and Tate will be well rested . . .

Brian
    Brian, thank you for your analysis. You help this casual fan understand the convoluted process a little better. Thanks for your analysis in the other thread.

13. Default Re: NCAA Baseball Regional Selection Show

Brian, thank you for your analysis. You help this casual fan understand the convoluted process a little better. Thanks for your analysis in the other thread.
    You are quite welcome. It has been fun and finished with a great outcome.

Brian

Yes. It is confusing the way they present it ... But Arizona was the very last team selected to the field. Louisiana was second to last ... followed by Oklahoma and Troy. So ...

#61 Troy
    #62 Oklahoma
    #63 Louisiana
    #64 Arizona

Meanwhile ... Arizona State was the first team left out ... followed by Kansas State, Kent State, and UC Irvine. So, I applaud UC Irvine for seeing through the UC Irvine resume. Neither D1 Baseball nor Baseball America clued into this (let's see if they figure it out in the post-analysis). In fact, every projection I saw had UC Irvine in the field.

#65 Arizona State
    #66 Kansas State
    #67 Kent State (similar resume to UC Irvine re: Top 50 ... not enough games vs. Top 100 ... but a conference champion)
    #68 UC Irvine

Brian
    I was critical of our schedule for having too many midweek home games. We went 1 and 4 in midweek road games but the one win over LSU turned out to be huge. Turns out that being so successful in those midweek home games helped us. Had we lost even one of those vs the SWAC and SLC teams we would be starting vacation now. Whenever you get to play in June your season was successful. Minimizes the time that you start getting antsy for football.

15. Default Re: NCAA Baseball Regional Selection Show

You are quite welcome. It has been fun and finished with a great outcome.

Brian
    Especially when you get us in . . .

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information