Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: BB SBC Championship Sunday Final: Louisiana 2, Southern Miss 6

1. Default Re: Louisiana v Southern Miss | SBC Championship Sunday

I think it's a little soon and short sighted but I get it. Why I woulda considered Nezuh today

Robe did it with the lefty from barbe his fresman year

Default Re: Louisiana v Southern Miss | SBC Championship Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Figured Hall would be on the mound. Let's hope he s off today!!
    ____ it, will make the win that much better.

This stuff happens all across the country, every year, in college baseball. It’s not something you do mid-year, but with the season on the line, you do it.

There are hundreds of examples of it over the years in postseason play.

Now what Marshall did, with the effectiveness he did it with, might be completely unprecedented. That was absolutely legendary.

These guys are young, healthy dudes. Throwing a ton in one weekend isn’t gonna ruin anyone’s career.

And if we’re being honest here, which pitchers on the Cajuns staff have potential for a “career” in baseball?

This is the end of the line for them, and getting the opportunity that may come from what guys have done this weekend is what it’s all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    It would be 2 days rest for Fluno same as the Nezuh

And we wonder why Deggs can't get a top flight pitcher? Do you blame them, why come here so Deggs can over work you
    For 99.9% of these guys this is the pinnacle of their career. They know that as well. You think you or Deggs was going to get Marshall out of that game?

Some of y’all need to get out of that soft mindset. All of this changed over the past 15 years. You know why? Because the MLB started paying hundred of millions to pitchers. It’s trickled down through the ranks.

Pitchers used to pitch on 4 days rest and go 125+ pitches an outing. Most guys are throwing a bullpen session regardless. There is no difference.

5. Default Re: Louisiana v Southern Miss | SBC Championship Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Is Hall the one that hamstrung us on Friday night?
    Yes (Thursday night). I am hoping we get an umpire like the one we had for Wednesday's opener vs. Texas State ... one with a high strike zone ... and was not giving the low strike. That would be a bit of an equalizer.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Yes (Thursday night). I am hoping we get an umpire like the one we had for Wednesday's opener vs. Texas State ... one with a high strike zone ... and was not giving the low strike. That would be a bit of an equalizer.

Brian
    Time to play some old school baseball today. Bunt, steal and put pressure on USM.

7. Default Re: Louisiana v Southern Miss | SBC Championship Sunday

You can justify it all you want but it's wrong.

It's not about taking the ball away it's aboit giving the ball to Nezuh on 2 days rest ams fluno on 2 days rest. It shouldn't be done, of course they want the ball but the coach should protect them

8. Default Re: Louisiana v Southern Miss | SBC Championship Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    A little outside the box but I would go brendan moody. Only thrown 39 pitches this tournament. Give him a shot to prove himself
    Been saying this since yesterday. And he just so happens to have the second lowest WHIP on the team…

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    For 99.9% of these guys this is the pinnacle of their career. They know that as well. You think you or Deggs was going to get Marshall out of that game?

Some of y’all need to get out of that soft mindset. All of this changed over the past 15 years. You know why? Because the MLB started paying hundred of millions to pitchers. It’s trickled down through the ranks.

Pitchers used to pitch on 4 days rest and go 125+ pitches an outing. Most guys are throwing a bullpen session regardless. There is no difference.

The only concern i have with Marshall doing it is because he is a Tommy John guy or had a previous injury here. What he did YESTERDAY …. was better than if he thru game 1, and come back today with the amount of pitches he threw last night. My opinion only

10. Default Re: Louisiana v Southern Miss | SBC Championship Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    This stuff happens all across the country, every year, in college baseball. It’s not something you do mid-year, but with the season on the line, you do it.

There are hundreds of examples of it over the years in postseason play.

Now what Marshall did, with the effectiveness he did it with, might be completely unprecedented. That was absolutely legendary.

These guys are young, healthy dudes. Throwing a ton in one weekend isn’t gonna ruin anyone’s career.

And if we’re being honest here, which pitchers on the Cajuns staff have potential for a “career” in baseball?

This is the end of the line for them, and getting the opportunity that may come from what guys have done this weekend is what it’s all about.
    This is the correct take. You should never do this is March / April but at the end of the year, it’s pretty common.

11. Default Re: Louisiana v Southern Miss | SBC Championship Sunday

That doesn't make it right but I'm sure you'll still be selective on the coach's toy crush for it

12. Default Re: Louisiana v Southern Miss | SBC Championship Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Been saying this since yesterday. And he just so happens to have the second lowest WHIP on the team…
    I definitely see Moody getting some action today. Etheridge will pitch. Fluno to start. Others available as well. As I mentioned yesterday, the Cajuns have more real options today than they did last night.

Meanwhile, Hall will be going on three days' rest (102 pitches Wednesday). He may not be himself as well.

Potentially facing USM in the championship is why I was pulling hard for App State in the first game yesterday. I wanted the pitching playing field a little more level should the Cajuns make it to Sunday. Unfortunately, App State allowed USM to throw a single pitcher complete game in 7-inning run rule fashion (the bracket final). But it did eliminate Armistead as an option for today. USM threw only three pitchers yesterday (Adams, Sivley, Armistead). The rest of their staff has not thrown since Wednesday/Thursday. Southern Miss has plenty of available arms, including Storm.

Brian

13. Default Re: Louisiana v Southern Miss | SBC Championship Sunday

Is it ok on April 28 in a critical end of season series? Well you darn sure it is after a less than bull pen outing (19 pitches} 3 days earlier . . .

14. Default Re: Louisiana v Southern Miss | SBC Championship Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    I definitely see Moody getting some action today. Etheridge will pitch. Fluno to start. Others available as well. As I mentioned yesterday, the Cajuns have more real options today than they did last night.

Meanwhile, Hall will be going on three days' rest (102 pitches Wednesday). He may not be himself as well.

Potentially facing USM in the championship is why I was pulling hard for App State in the first game yesterday. I wanted the pitching playing field a little more level should the Cajuns make it to Sunday. Unfortunately, App State allowed USM to throw a single pitcher complete game in 7-inning run rule fashion. But it did eliminate Armistead as an option for today. USM threw only three pitchers yesterday (Adams, Sivley, Armistead). The rest of their staff has not throwing since Wednesday/Thursday. Southern Miss has plenty of available arms, including Storm.

Brian
    This version of JT Etheridge has been, dare I say, dominant.

But you nailed it in a previous post. The HP ump’s zone will determine a lot today.

15. Default Re: Louisiana v Southern Miss | SBC Championship Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    That doesn't make it right but I'm sure you'll still be selective on the coach's toy crush for it
    The hell are you talking about? I’ve been saying all year how much I can’t stand the way we manage pitching.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information