Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Analyzing the Bubble

1. Default Re: Analyzing the Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    If I am counting right

LSU a&m. 1 win
    Coastal. 3 wins 3 losses
    Campbell 1 win. 2 losses

That’s 5-6 against potential hosts ( according to ESPN coverage of TCU just now

That’s strong
    That’s the kind of talk I like . . .

Default Re: Analyzing the Bubble

We (or fans of ANY team that’s not the overall top seed) can go back and say “what if we won this game or that game?”. And a lot of people are saying this team wouldn’t have to be nervous had they won certain games.

There also wouldn’t be any reason to be sweating an at large bid without wins over Campbell, LSU, S. Miss, Texas State (5 times) and Coastal (3 times), among others.

Other than the pitching injuries, this team isn’t a lock for a regional because teams they were expecting to be beneficial to the RPI weren’t, and some of those were actually a detriment to it.

The fact that this team lost two of its 3 starting pitchers and it’s best bull pen arm for the year, AND lost arguably the best player on the team, and emotional leader, for almost a month in the middle of the year, is still gathering to watch the selection show is pretty impressive.

And anyone who watched them play over the last few weeks, especially the last few days, and wants to get on here and talk about the negatives either has an axe to grind, chooses not to see the whole picture, has unrealistic expectations, or is just basically a miserable human being.

My apologies if that offends those of you.

If I am counting right

LSU a&m. 1 win
    Coastal. 3 wins 3 losses
    Campbell 1 win. 2 losses

That’s strong
    One of the criteria the committee uses is what teams have done against the others in the field. The Cajuns have a pretty good resume in that regard.

4. Default Re: Analyzing the Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    We (or fans of ANY team that’s not the overall top seed) can go back and say “what if we won this game or that game?”. And a lot of people are saying this team wouldn’t have to be nervous had they won certain games.

There also wouldn’t be any reason to be sweating an at large bid without wins over Campbell, LSU, S. Miss, Texas State (5 times) and Coastal (3 times), among others.

Other than the pitching injuries, this team isn’t a lock for a regional because teams they were expecting to be beneficial to the RPI weren’t, and some of those were actually a detriment to it.

The fact that this team lost two of its 3 starting pitchers and it’s best bull pen arm for the year, AND lost arguably the best player on the team, and emotional leader, for almost a month in the middle of the year, is still gathering to watch the selection show is pretty impressive.

And anyone who watched them play over the last few weeks, especially the last few days, and wants to get on here and talk about the negatives either has an axe to grind, chooses not to see the whole picture, has unrealistic expectations, or is just basically a miserable human being.

My apologies if that offends those of you.
    Ditto and my apologies also . . .

Our resume handily shows we are capable of competing with the best that will be in the field . . .

If I am counting right

LSU a&m. 1 win
    Coastal. 3 wins 3 losses
    Campbell 1 win. 2 losses

That’s strong
    That would be 5-5 correct?

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Don’t blame the schedule. App St and JMU weekends are solely responsible if we don’t get the bid.

7. Default Re: Analyzing the Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    That would be 5-5 correct?
    Correct and even better . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Don’t blame the schedule. App St and JMU weekends are solely responsible if we don’t get the bid.
    Games are not played on paper. Good teams lose to teams with inferior records and rankings. 4 seeds beat 1 seeds. That's baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Games are not played on paper. Good teams lose to teams with inferior records and rankings. 4 seeds beat 1 seeds. That's baseball.
    Good teams don’t get swept by inferior teams

And simply winning the series against either one puts us in a regional.

10. Default Re: Analyzing the Bubble

Good teams don’t get swept by inferior teams
    Well, they could . . .

11. Default Re: Analyzing the Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    If that did not happen, we could all make a fortune betting MLB . . . So, it does happen in the best of baseball . . .

Sf21 said the schedule was the reason. The schedule was good enough for 40+ and a top 40 rpi. Win either one of two series that we should have and we aren’t sweating. It wasn’t the schedule.

13. Default Re: Analyzing the Bubble

and trust me, we are going to need Moody for more than 3 batters to get out of a regional . . .

You could say the same about BYU, Rice, McNeese, Tulane, La Tech, SLU, and NW State having sub par seasons.

But for the record, losing 2 of 3 to App wasn’t a killer. They were a top 100 RPI team (87). I agree that getting swept at JMU hurt.

Did you happen to see the performance that Nezuh and Marshall put on last night?

The JMU losses were unexpected. Was it more unexpected than beating Coastal twice yesterday with the pitching situation what it was?

Or is the negative the only thing to consider?

15. Default Re: Analyzing the Bubble

Sf21 said the schedule was the reason. The schedule was good enough for 40+ and a top 40 rpi. Win either one of two series that we should have and we aren’t sweating. It wasn’t the schedule.
    You want to focus on losses as to why we still don’t know and we want to focus on wins as to why we will be in . . . I like our analysis much better . . .

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information