Thread: Analyzing the Bubble

Default Re: Analyzing the Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    4 teams seems high for Sunbelt
    This ain’t your grand daddy’s sunbelt

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    4 teams seems high for Sunbelt
    14 teams, 10 with an RPI better than 100 and the #5 baseball conference in the country.

Love a late season surge. It’s funny even talking about an at large considering where we were just a few weeks ago.

I believe the Cajuns have done enough for an at-large bid. Unfortunately we have some bad losses on the résumé that have held back the RPI, but what this team has done so far this week has been incredible. I think they deserve a spot in postseason play. But we all know how the committee and the NCAA works. Kansas State, Arizona, and Notre Dame are all in the “first 4 out” per the latest D1 baseball projections. There is no doubt in my mind the ncaa would have each one of those teams jump the Cajuns for an at-large bid.

Let’s win today and remove all doubt.

If they let Notre Dame in with a #56 RPI ranking, they need to shut the whole thing down.

Cajuns certainly pass the “eye test” and I hate when they use that term. We just look like we belong. I THINK we have done enough to get in but I’ll never trust the committee to do what’s right. Also, how many teams did the SBC get last year? I thought it was 5 but maybe it was 4. I felt like Troy made it along with UL, coastal, tx state and ga southern hosted. Now I’m thinking Troy didn’t make it last year.

Brain, how many years as the Sun Belt gotten 4 teams in? It’s not unprecedented, but not common. I seem to remember the year we went to the CWS, we got 4-5 teams in.

8. Default Re: Analyzing the Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Incredible work
    Seriously, this was no big deal. Did not take long. Anyone can do it.

Brian

9. Default Re: Analyzing the Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    Brain, how many years as the Sun Belt gotten 4 teams in? It’s not unprecedented, but not common. I seem to remember the year we went to the CWS, we got 4-5 teams in.
    How about last year? And that was without Southern Mississippi in the league.

I would have to go back through my records, but it has happened several times. This is not a barrier.

Brian

10. Default Re: Analyzing the Bubble

2002- 4 bids
    2013- 4 bids
    2022- 4 bids

We are winning today. No math necessary.

12. Default Re: Analyzing the Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Great work, as usual, Brian. But question: what was your reasoning eliminating Louisville and Georgia?
    Louisville was 10-20 in conference play (13th out of 14 teams) and only 10-17 in Q1. They were also 2-8 over their last ten games. #19 overall SOS due to conference play. Poor NC SOS (133). 5-14 on the road

Georgia was 11-19 in conference, 11-19 vs. Q1 and 4-6 over their last ten games. Strong overall SOS, but that is due to conference play as their NC SOS leaves something to be desired (78). 8-12 on the road.

The selection committee has left these types of resumes out of the field even with RPIs in the mid 20's.

Brian

13. Default Re: Analyzing the Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I’ll be happy when a .500 record or better in your conferences regular season is a requirement for an at large bid.
    Now this I 100% disagree with. You have had CWS participants that would not have made this field with this sort of arbitrary criteria ... including last year's national champion (Ole Miss).

Brian

14. Default Re: Analyzing the Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    If they let Notre Dame in with a #56 RPI ranking, they need to shut the whole thing down.
    Notre Dame is a real threat. They were 15-15 in the #1 RPI conference and 8-11 in Q1 ... including 7-9 vs. the RPI Top 25. They also have a sweep of #9 Virginia to their credit.

Something that might really hurt them? The #272 NC SOS and 3 Q4 losses (Cajuns also have 2).

Brian

15. Default Re: Analyzing the Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Cajuns certainly pass the “eye test” and I hate when they use that term. We just look like we belong. I THINK we have done enough to get in but I’ll never trust the committee to do what’s right. Also, how many teams did the SBC get last year? I thought it was 5 but maybe it was 4. I felt like Troy made it along with UL, coastal, tx state and ga southern hosted. Now I’m thinking Troy didn’t make it last year.
    Troy did not make the field.

Brian

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information