Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Analyzing the Bubble

Default Re: Analyzing the Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    So now it’s sweep JMU instead of getting swept?

You’re so far off on this. Of course if you reverse getting swept to sweeping, it makes a big difference. Especially against a top 100 team.

Why not just reverse every loss all year and go 61-0? That gets you in for sure
    And it would be nice if you stopped editing your posts after the fact…

So now it’s sweep JMU instead of getting swept?

You’re so far off on this. Of course if you reverse getting swept to sweeping, it makes a big difference. Especially against a top 100 team.

Why not just reverse every loss all year and go 61-0? That gets you in for sure
    It’s not far off. I realize that Tuesday and Wednesday games are a crapshoot. Tulane beat ECU. ____ happens in 1 game. Two series that we should have won cost us postseason. It’s pretty ____ing simple.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    It’s not far off. I realize that Tuesday and Wednesday games are a crapshoot. Tulane beat ECU. ____ happens in 1 game. Two series that we should have won cost us postseason. It’s pretty ____ing simple.
    ****probably****

We aren’t out yet

They fat lady hasn’t sang yet but she’s doing her vocal exercises.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Oklahoma also lost in the CWS Final to Ole’ Miss last year. That’s all the committee knows. They are clueless.
    And ole miss should not have even got in. Last team in.

And it would be nice if you stopped editing your posts after the fact…
    What did I edit that changed my point?

And again, baseball teams lose games. And losing games to top 100 RPI teams is nothing to be ashamed of. Of course if you just miss making a regional you can go point out a loss here or there. Every team in the country lost games that would change their position other than whomever is awarded the #1 overall seed.

The 3 games? You specifically were hung up on 0-3 against JMU. And have said (over and over) that getting swept by JMU is what will keep UL out. Now you’re changing it to any random 3 games.

I’ve told you multiple times that the schedule was the detriment. You choose to continue to focus on one series….against a top 100 RPI team.

I’ve run out of ways to try to explain it to you.

This Cajun team is good. They deserve to be in a regional. If they aren’t, getting swept by JMU won’t be the main reason. The out of conference schedule, especially in the early season, will. And what teams that you schedule do in their other games outside of when you play them is completely out of your control.

I really don’t see how it’s that hard to grasp.

I’ve had enough of it. I’m gonna watch the show tomorrow and hope to see “Louisiana” in the field. And if they’re not, so be it.

And again, baseball teams lose games. And losing games to top 100 RPI teams is nothing to be ashamed of. Of course if you just miss making a regional you can go point out a loss here or there. Every team in the country lost games that would change their position other than whomever is awarded the #1 overall seed.

The 3 games? You specifically were hung up on 0-3 against JMU. And have said (over and over) that getting swept by JMU is what will keep UL out. Now you’re changing it to any random 3 games.

I’ve told you multiple times that the schedule was the detriment. You choose to continue to focus on one series….against a top 100 RPI team.

This Cajun team is good. They deserve to be in a regional. If they aren’t, getting swept by JMU won’t be the main reason. The out of conference schedule, especially in the early season, will. And what teams that you schedule do in their other games outside of when you play them is completely out of your control.

I’ve had enough of it. I’m gonna watch the show tomorrow and hope to see “Louisiana” in the field. And if they’re not, so be it.
    One game changes it from getting swept douchebag. You can’t get swept by an inferior team and think it gets overlooked. I don’t expect a sweep and never have. But winning a series against app and jmu is 3 games.

3 losses is 43 wins. Makes a difference. Period.
    Ok. So you're saying a 16-13 record against top 100 teams would overshadow 27-6 against teams ranked from #128-#273. Playing 33 games out of 62 against the bottom quadrant is less of a factor than losing 3 road games to a top 100 team. Got it.

It’s not about playing mcneese or Tulane or some swac school. It’s about winning the weekend against inferior schools.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Ok. So you're saying a 16-13 record against top 100 teams would overshadow 27-6 against teams ranked from #128-#273. Playing 33 games out of 62 against the bottom quadrant is less of a factor than losing 3 road games to a top 100 team. Got it.
    3 more wins and a we aren’t sweating

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I believe that comes from a win against app at home and two on the road against jmu rather than midweek games. Do t really give a ____ where they come from but it is what it is. 3 more wins and we are a lock for postseason.

Ask your head coach. Getting swept is never good and then ask if it’s ever good against a lesser team…. I’ll hang up and listen….

Oh man, we lost games that we could control but the games that we can’t cost us the postseason. Listen to yourself. Win 3 games and we aren’t even talking about this…

Final projections summary

*College Baseball Nation has Louisiana as team 64 {last in)
    *D1Baseball has Louisiana as team 65 (1st team out)
    *11Point7 has Louisiana as team 65 {1st team out)

We are the bubble

Let's see what the selection committee decides tmrw.
    #GeauxCajuns

Baseball America has us a #3 seed in Baton Rouge against Oregon State.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread Information