Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread: BB SBC Championship Saturday G2: Louisiana 4, Coastal 1

Default Re: BB SBC Championship Saturday G2: Louisiana 4, Coastal 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    If we pitch like we did today, I like our chances. I hope Tanner Hall is not pitching.
    If S. Miss is smart enough to realize they have no shot to host, then it wouldn’t make much sense to throw Hall tomorrow.

I guess we’ll see

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    If S. Miss is smart enough to realize they have no shot to host, then it wouldn’t make much sense to throw Hall tomorrow.

I guess we’ll see
    I don’t know us getting into the top 50 helps their resume a good bit

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    If we pitch like we did today, I like our chances. I hope Tanner Hall is not pitching.
    I'm with you, hope Hall is not on the mound Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    I don’t know us getting into the top 50 helps their resume a good bit
    They’re at 26 now. 10 spots is an enormous jump, especially with the caliber of teams they would have to jump.

They needed to beat Coastal tomorrow to have a chance

5. Default Re: BB SBC Championship Saturday G2: Louisiana 4, Coastal 1

Some games affecting the Cajuns ...

- Xavier stole a bid today, winning the Big East Tournament. They were #49 entering today (now 44) and still only finished with a 4-11 Q1.
    - Charlotte vs. Dallas Baptist (Charlotte winning will be a stolen bid)
    - UNC Wilmington (regular season champs) vs. Northeastern/Elon winner (potentially two games) (#45 UNCW is only .0013 ahead of the Cajuns in the RPI). We want them to play Elon for RPI purposes. But there is a good chance that Northeastern is an at-large team if they do not win the tournament. Elon winning is a stolen bid. UNCW winning could be a stolen bid.
    - #41 Arizona losing tonight (they trail 4-3 B7th) to #34 Oregon probably does not have them fall far enough to fall below the Cajuns with a Louisiana loss to Southern Miss. Arizona is also a bubble team for an at-large, so we want them to lose tonight.
    - Tulane winning tomorrow over East Carolina would be a stolen bid.

Brian

6. Default Re: BB SBC Championship Saturday G2: Louisiana 4, Coastal 1

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Some games affecting the Cajuns ...

- Xavier stole a bid today, winning the Big East Tournament. They were #49 entering today (now 44) and still only finished with a 4-11 Q1.
    - Charlotte vs. Dallas Baptist (Charlotte winning will be a stolen bid)
    - UNC Wilmington (regular season champs) vs. Northeastern/Elon winner (potentially two games) (#45 UNCW is only .0013 ahead of the Cajuns in the RPI). We want them to play Elon for RPI purposes. But there is a good chance that Northeastern is an at-large team if they do not win the tournament. Elon winning is a stolen bid. UNCW winning could be a stolen bid.
    - #41 Arizona losing tonight (they trail 4-3 B7th) to #34 Oregon probably does not have them fall far enough to fall below the Cajuns with a Louisiana loss to Southern Miss. Arizona is also a bubble team for an at-large, so we want them to lose tonight.
    #34 Oregon just defeated Arizona (now #45) in the Pac XII Tournament Championship game. Arizona is a bubble team and is essentially tied with the Cajuns in RPI ... both at .5569.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    They’re at 26 now. 10 spots is an enormous jump, especially with the caliber of teams they would have to jump.

They needed to beat Coastal tomorrow to have a chance
    You right. I keep forgetting the one loss to app st killed them

Came here to eat some crow. I have railed on the pitching staff more than most and they have exceeded my or anyone else’s expectations down the stretch.

Props to Coach Thib and coaching staff for his adjustments that led to this success on the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    Came here to eat some crow. I have railed on the pitching staff more than most and they have exceeded my or anyone else’s expectations down the stretch.

Props to Coach Thib and coaching staff for his adjustments that led to this success on the mound.
    We are all eating bird this morning, Stros. I starting questioning this team after the JMU laid egg. Then seeing us pass on opportunities against CCU and USM in rubber games, thought we’d rollover and wait until next year. I. B. Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post

There was an entire thread Friday projecting the next pitching coach for a team with the #2 team ERA (by a tiny fraction of a run) in a 14 team league.

After the first Coastal game yesterday one poster proclaimed our pitching "a disaster" based on teams we lost to.

If that was true, then no World Series team would ever lose to a last place team, which is ridiculous.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread Information