Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: BB SBC Championship Saturday G2: Louisiana 4, Coastal 1

Default Re: Louisiana vs. Coastal | 7:30 (likely later) this evening

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Big, big respect for Nezuh giving what he’s given tonight.
    I'm sure many will echo, but hats off to Nezuh and Marshall for their GUTSY performances!

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Who we got tomorrow?

Default Re: BB SBC Championship Saturday G2: Louisiana 4, Coastal 1

NICE FIGHT CAJUN BASEBALL !!!!

USM pummeled APP St. in the second game 11-1. We need to have a stellar lineup

4. Default Re: BB SBC Championship Saturday G2: Louisiana 4, Coastal 1

Your boys showed a ton of grit today. You guys should be proud. As much as I hate to say it, your guys deserve a bid regardless of tomorrow’s outcome. You’ve got a really solid squad this year, and would be a scary matchup for someone.

5. Default Re: Louisiana vs. Coastal | 7:30 (likely later) this evening

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    CCU pretty much closed the door on any chance of them being a top 8 seed. Would not be surprised they get squeezed out a regional seed. Dropped to 16 in Warren Nolan. Campbell, Dallas Baptist and Indiana State ahead of them in RPI. Don’t see the committee giving four non power conferences hosting sites.
    Coastal (3-5 vs. the RPI Top 25) was not going to be a Top 8 seed. That was nonsense.

Coastal is on the bubble for a host spot and could fall out of the RPI Top 16. Stanford at #17 is a mere .0001 behind them and will host before Coastal. That said, Coastal hosts before #9 Indiana State (not a host IMO . 2-9 vs. Q1 . 1-3 vs. RPI Top 25), #13 Dallas Baptist (2-7 vs. Q1 . 1-4 vs. RPI Top 25), and probably #15 Campbell (Coastal took 2/3 from them). Does #19 Auburn get a national seed before Coastal? #20 Tennessee or #21 East Carolina (AAC Champs)? #23 West Virginia was the Big XII Co-champ. What about #1 seed and Big XII co-champ #30 Texas? The Longhorns were 12-11 in Q1 and 4-5 vs. the RPI Top 25. Coastal has some real competition for those final spots. I think they get it . but they look to be a bubble host based on their resume.

No, I do not think Southern Miss is hosting with a win.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Let's win tomorrow and put all our minds to rest quicker!!
    I'm with you on that.

Default Re: Louisiana 4, Coastal 1

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    All the experts on twitter are saying we are in whether we win or lose tomorrow
    Not buying it but haven't paid close attention this week to those around us competing for those last slots. We have done all we could do tournament wise for an at large. Would be great to not be worrying about that tomorrow night though.

8. Default Re: BB SBC Championship Saturday G2: Louisiana 4, Coastal 1

Tulane beating Houston (just ended) helps the Cajuns a bit.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Techfan View Post
    Your boys showed a ton of grit today. You guys should be proud. As much as I hate to say it, your guys deserve a bid regardless of tomorrow’s outcome. You’ve got a really solid squad this year, and would be a scary matchup for someone.
    Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Techfan View Post
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Tulane beating Houston (just ended) helps the Cajuns a bit.

Brian
    Do you think Troy gets in?

12. Default Re: Louisiana vs. Coastal | 7:30 (likely later) this evening

I do think that the selection committee will really like the six wins vs. the RPI Top 25 (should the Cajuns not defeat Southern Miss tomorrow). That would be a 6-8 record vs. the RPI Top 25.

Brian

13. Default Re: BB SBC Championship Saturday G2: Louisiana 4, Coastal 1

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Do you think Troy gets in?
    They are bubble as well. The have an advantage over us in head-to-head and RPI ranking (eight spots at present). But they were only 4-6 in Q1 (2=4 vs. RPI Top 25). Could they take both of us? They could. Not banking on that.

Brian

Unbelievable day for the Cajun baseball team. Pitching far exceeded expectations today against an excellent Coastal offensive team. Cajuns deserve a lot of credit. Let's beat Southern Miss and end this thing leaving no doubt for a NCAA bid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Unbelievable day for the Cajun baseball team. Pitching far exceeded expectations today against an excellent Coastal offensive team. Cajuns deserve a lot of credit. Let's beat Southern Miss and end this thing leaving no doubt for a NCAA bid.
    If we pitch like we did today, I like our chances. I hope Tanner Hall is not pitching.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information