Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: BB SBC Championship Saturday G1: Louisiana 7, Coastal 3

1. Default Re: Louisiana v Coastal | 12:30 Today

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    What do they mean by "first four out"? As in we were one of four teams that barely missed an at-large?

If that's the case, two wins against a top 8 team doesn't get is there (regardless of losing champ game)?
    The First Four Out are never really the first four out as the projections (before the conference tournaments are complete) do not take into account stolen bids. They assume that there are no conference tournament upsets (teams that would not receive an at-large bid, but win the auto bid from their conference ... while a fellow conference mate obtains an at-large bid). On average, it is best to think of the first team out as about the fourth team out ... the fourth team out as about the seventh team out.

With two wins against Coastal and a loss in the Sun Belt Championship, the Cajuns *might*, *might* be able to muster an RPI ranking of about 45 (with some help). That is probably not enough, but I would not say no chance. It will depend on others (stolen bids, etc.). The probability is that the Cajuns will need to win the auto bid.

Brian

Default Re: Louisiana v Coastal | 12:30 Today

What do they mean by "first four out"? As in we were one of four teams that barely missed an at-large?

If that's the case, two wins against a top 8 team doesn't get is there (regardless of losing champ game)?
    Well that also doesn’t take into account any non regular season conference winners gaining an automatic bid by winning their conference tournament, ie…”stolen bids”

That's just projections. First 4 out before ANY stolen bids. At an RPI of 67 right now, I'd be shocked if the Cajuns got an at-large - even if it somehow entered the 50's. I'd be nervous if the RPI was around 45 or so - but there would be a chance.

4. Default Re: Louisiana v Coastal | 12:30 Today

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    That's just projections. First 4 out before ANY stolen bids. At an RPI of 67 right now, I'd be shocked if the Cajuns got an at-large - even if it somehow entered the 50's. I'd be nervous if the RPI was around 45 or so - but there would be a chance.
    The Cajuns are at 59. Also, 49 is not far away (.0047).

Brian

Man, CC hitting early

Great look to have 20 people in the stands watching these games.

Now would be a good time to get some hits.

Before point of no return occurs. Which is not to far away

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Rpi live on Warren Nolan had us at 59 two wins vs #11 is rpi should put us in top 50. But that is a moot point if we don’t win this one

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Rpi live on Warren Nolan had us at 59 two wins vs #11 is rpi should put us in top 50. But that is a moot point if we don’t win this one
    Just totally outclassed in these games against CCU

We should be sitting in Troy spot with rpi around 39 that’s what happens when you don’t take care of business. Lose JMU sweep lose two of 3 to top 3 teams in sun belt. Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Lej0285 View Post
    We should be sitting in Troy spot with rpi around 39 that’s what happens when you don’t take care of business. Lose JMU sweep lose two of 3 to top 3 teams in sun belt. Sad
    Yup. No one to blame but bad coaching decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Lej0285 View Post
    The JMU series and gifting Troy the series at home killed us.

Why is this team so inconsistent at the plate?

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Why is this team so inconsistent at the plate?
    I have absolutely no idea either.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information