Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15

Thread: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

1. Default Re: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    #1 and #2 starting pitchers to begin the season done for the year. Best bullpen arm done for the year. The latter two combined to throw about 30 innings all season.

You can say it’s making excuses, but those are facts.

This team, with that issue, finished tied for 3rd in the 5th best conference in the country. They are very similar to Troy, who will likely be an at large team. UL got almost no help from some of the OOC opponents that can usually be counted on to be helpful in the RPI. This season they were a drain. Would Troy be in that at large spot without their 1st and 2nd starters and best reliever? Who knows, but the logical answer is probably not.

The Cajuns are nearly identical to S. Miss other than the fact that USM has Tanner Hall and UL doesn’t. With Hall on the Cajuns staff, they’re an at large team.

As far as Coastal, they are just better than the Cajuns. And S. Miss. And Troy. That team is on the brink of being a national seed.

I noticed last night, their 9 hole hitter has a higher batting average and more HRs than our 3 hole hitter. Think about that for a second. They are just that good.

Without the new editions, the Cajuns would likely have won last years Sun Belt lineup this year. 2nd if not. And would likely be rolling through the tournament right now, even without the pitching injuries.

Do they need to get better to be at the top of the new Sun Belt? Yep. It’s a big boy baseball league now. Is this season a failure in any way? No. Not unless you don’t pay attention.

And by the way, this season isn’t over yet, although the doom and gloomers seem to think it has been for a month.
    That’s a 3 year pattern my man. That, in and of itself, is a problem.

Default Re: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Your original post#203 never said anything about coaching experience, you said he had ZERO PLAYING experience. Which is not true. As for coaching experience, his brother seems to be doing great at a sport he never coached. For the record I never said anyone was the answer.
    Pardon my typo. I said he has zero college pitching experience which obviously he pitched in college. What I meant was that he has zero experience coaching college pitching and zero recruiting experience. Again, he’s not the answer. As for Justin, please tell me
    you’re not comparing women’s softball to college baseball. We need to get away from the “down the hallway” coaching hires. You wanna compete with big time programs, hire a big time name.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    You’re such an ass kissing try-hard.
    We really do value you're calling out folks on RP as an Internet Tuff Guy.

Each one of your F'd up, bull sh#%, dumb f'n a@@ comments are what make more people join RP and contribute to the Greatness of University of Louisiana Front Porch Sports.

We need more like you. Not later, now.

Thanks again.

4. Default Re: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

You’re such an ass kissing try-hard.
    You are what we see. When we hear, it goes downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Pump the brakes on Ryan. He’s not coming back. Robichaux has zero college pitching experience. Farquhar is a dream. I’ll say it again, there is a guy named Alan Dunn at Arkansas St that has more experience as a pitching coach than anyone that this school has ever had. Go get him. And pay him. We have a basketball coach that has been making $500-$600K for 13 years and hasn’t won schitt that meant anything. Go after Dunn, pay him $200K (he doesn’t need the money at this point in his career) and move on.
    Dunn has Arkansas state pitching ranked 13th in SBC after his second full year, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Dunn has Arkansas state pitching ranked 13th in SBC after his second full year, no thanks.
    Tell you what, you go try and recruit good talent to go to Jonesboro, Arkansas. What a stupid statement. Do some research on this guy.

7. Default Re: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

That’s a 3 year pattern my man. That, in and of itself, is a problem.
    whats more likely... the cajuns coming back and winning the tourney or MAT having an optimistic post on RP LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Tell you what, you go try and recruit good talent to go to Jonesboro, Arkansas. What a stupid statement. Do some research on this guy.
    Well when he doesn’t have LSU talent and money he finishes 13th… I’m aware of ASU's ability to get talent but it’s 13th after 2 full years. He didn’t improve them. Thinking he can work here just bc he was at LSU is a stupid statement.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15

Thread Information