Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

Default Re: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Baddeaux has made his living in the cages as a hitting coach. We don’t need another hitting coach running our pitchers . ..
    If you read back to what i posted i said word is Wells is leaving and Brooks maybe a replacement for him. Seth is not a pitching coach so Deggs needs to hire a pitching coach to replace Seth and Brooks to replace Wells as hitting coach. Never did i say Brooks as pitching coach.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Baseball at UL is slowly encroaching on being like basketball. The CWS is 23 years ago, and some cling to it like basketball to the Blackham days.

To put this in perspective, in theory and mathematically, some of those players could have very young grandchildren.

And like Beryl Shipley, Tony Robicheaux isn’t walking back thru the door.

It’s good to have a benchmark, but it fades thru time.
    I’ve been saying this all year

3. Default Re: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

You can tell who the new fans are or who the sunshine pumpers are..

This season has been a huge flop. There is no other way to spin in. We returned a ton of talent, leadership and coming off a regional appearance with a weaker overall team.

Underperformed and under-delivered. Missing post season play with this talent and age is unacceptable. But by all means, bicker about semantics. Let’s continue just ignoring the erosion of standards in this program and keep arguing…

4. Default Re: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

Pitching has been a question mark since day 1. Not sure how anyone could have had any real expectations this year with the pitching staff we have. Considering that were still in the hunt for an at large bid through yesterday, even considering the injuries, the season panned out probably much better than anyone who knows beanball should have expected.

There, I said it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Good, we need them in droves.

This season has been a huge flop. There is no other way to spin in. We returned a ton of talent, leadership and coming off a regional appearance with a weaker overall team.

Underperformed and under-delivered. Missing post season play with this talent and age is unacceptable. But by all means, bicker about semantics. Let’s continue just ignoring the erosion of standards in this program and keep arguing…
    The middle 15-20 games did us in. Plus the lack of 2-3 pitchers really stepping up and taking control.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Pitching has been a question mark since day 1. Not sure how anyone could have had any real expectations this year with the pitching staff we have. Considering that were still in the hunt for an at large bid through yesterday, even considering the injuries, the season panned out probably much better than anyone who knows beanball should have expected.

There, I said it . . .
    We are Louisiana. I expect us to be a host contender, not on the outside looking in. Don’t have pitching? Go ____ing get some.

8. Default Re: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

All I can say is my observation after the initial weekend was spot on. We just never had the pitching on this staff to have expectations. In fact, I believe they exceeded any expectations which anyone should have had.

9. Default Re: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    We are Louisiana. I expect us to be a host contender, not on the outside looking in. Don’t have pitching? Go ____ing get some.
    Yep, we need to do that. What we went get last year did not cut the mustard. I know generally what our expectations should be, but for me that went right out the door this year after seeing our first series at Rice and seeing who our coaching staff was depending upon . . .

What do we have to do to get BJ Ryan, or Austin Robichaux, or Danny Farquhar in the building? We need a pitching coach who not only knows what he’s doing, but can also offer professional experience and development to these kids. I like the guys Deggs has gotten in the lineup. We need someone for the other side of the hall. Thib ain’t cutting it.

I read an article a few weeks back and the preoccupations with spin rate just supports pitchers are throwers first. Same thing applies to softball. Both sports on the college level have maybe, on a good day, have shutdown elite pitchers that 9 out of 10 times, they’re money in the bank.

#1 and #2 starting pitchers to begin the season done for the year. Best bullpen arm done for the year. The latter two combined to throw about 30 innings all season.

You can say it’s making excuses, but those are facts.

This team, with that issue, finished tied for 3rd in the 5th best conference in the country. They are very similar to Troy, who will likely be an at large team. UL got almost no help from some of the OOC opponents that can usually be counted on to be helpful in the RPI. This season they were a drain. Would Troy be in that at large spot without their 1st and 2nd starters and best reliever? Who knows, but the logical answer is probably not.

The Cajuns are nearly identical to S. Miss other than the fact that USM has Tanner Hall and UL doesn’t. With Hall on the Cajuns staff, they’re an at large team.

As far as Coastal, they are just better than the Cajuns. And S. Miss. And Troy. That team is on the brink of being a national seed.

I noticed last night, their 9 hole hitter has a higher batting average and more HRs than our 3 hole hitter. Think about that for a second. They are just that good.

Without the new editions, the Cajuns would likely have won last years Sun Belt lineup this year. 2nd if not. And would likely be rolling through the tournament right now, even without the pitching injuries.

Do they need to get better to be at the top of the new Sun Belt? Yep. It’s a big boy baseball league now. Is this season a failure in any way? No. Not unless you don’t pay attention.

And by the way, this season isn’t over yet, although the doom and gloomers seem to think it has been for a month.

I choose to die on this bill with these guys…Geaux Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I’ve been saying this all year
    And I cringe every time the “let’s hire insert legacy name” gets brought up.

My goodness, want to talk about USL’ing it? It took decades for even McLeast to learn it fails more often than not. State has done it multiple times and failed. It absurd to think we’ll have a different outcome.

Want to set your program back? Hire a legacy, the issue later becomes hesitancy to fire because the coach is “one of us”.

______

AFA Coastal, they’re trying to get a top 8 national seed. Anyone notice where their homers came from? The 8 and 9 hole. I’d say their focus, Tanner Hill is probably the only possible roadblock.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    And I cringe every time the “let’s hire insert legacy name” gets brought up.

My goodness, want to talk about USL’ing it? It took decades for even McLeast to learn it fails more often than not. State has done it multiple times and failed. It absurd to think we’ll have a different outcome.

Want to set your program back? Hire a legacy, the issue later becomes hesitancy to fire because the coach is “one of us”.
    Who you got to fix our pitching then? Because it needs fixing.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information