Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

Default Re: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Understood but crazy things happen in the MLB draft. Hoping for the best for both young men but sometimes things aren’t as they seem come draft time.
    Every year only one player is happy with their draft position.

Our SOS dropped 30 spots from last year to this year and we only won 3 more games in the regular season. No bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    We need a true pitching coach which we dont have and we will need to replace Wells after this year. Word is he is leaving for a college HC gig. Maybe replace him with the HC from Terulings? I forgot his name.
    Badeaux? He’s nowhere near a pitching coach. I will say if he were to be back on the staff full time I don’t think we would ever have to worry about Lafayette talent going elsewhere as long as he was here. If you played youth baseball in Lafayette, you knew Brooks Badeaux. He’s had a hand in training/lessons in a large percentage of youth players in Lafayette for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    Losing record for THIS program = DISASTER.

If we do not make the tournament, which we will not if we do not win the tournament, the season is a failure. Did not compete for the regular season championship. Did not REALLY compete for an at large spot. Failure.

Mediocre for this program is getting sent somewhere across the country as a 3 seed with an outside shot to win the regional. We didn't even achieve that.
    I couldn’t disagree more. I don’t think people understand how good Coastal Carolina is. From where this program has been the last few years, to expect UL to win a reg season championship this year is unfair.

To say they haven’t competed for an at-large is also unfair. Currently one of last teams out per D1Baseball (yes, not the gospel but a decent barometer of where they are in the committee’s eyes).

It is harder than ever for UL programs to be nationally competitive. Not competing annually for a conf championship in a 1-bid league or being sub .500, yes that won’t cut it. But SBC is a top baseball league this year.

This team seems to be competing especially when it could have nosedived after the JMU weekend. I wanna see this team win tonight and let’s see what happens. Either way, I think “failure” is a little strong.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    I couldn’t disagree more. I don’t think people understand how good Coastal Carolina is. From where this program has been the last few years, to expect UL to win a reg season championship this year is unfair.

To say they haven’t competed for an at-large is also unfair. Currently one of last teams out per D1Baseball (yes, not the gospel but a decent barometer of where they are in the committee’s eyes).

It is harder than ever for UL programs to be nationally competitive. Not competing annually for a conf championship in a 1-bid league or being sub .500, yes that won’t cut it. But SBC is a top baseball league this year.

This team seems to be competing especially when it could have nosedived after the JMU weekend. I wanna see this team win tonight and let’s see what happens. Either way, I think “failure” is a little strong.
    Our league is good enough this season to field at least 3 regional teams. Win the series against App-f'ing-State and don't crap the bed against JMU and we aren't even sweating this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Win the series against App-f'ing-State and don't crap the bed against JMU and we aren't even sweating this weekend.
    This is ultimately what it came down to. Took too long to figure out pitching.

Regardless of what you'd score this year (mediocre/success/failure), I had fun this season and hope it doesn't end tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Badeaux? He’s nowhere near a pitching coach. I will say if he were to be back on the staff full time I don’t think we would ever have to worry about Lafayette talent going elsewhere as long as he was here. If you played youth baseball in Lafayette, you knew Brooks Badeaux. He’s had a hand in training/lessons in a large percentage of youth players in Lafayette for a long time.
    I meant as our hitting coach

8. Default Re: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

Deggs' style of offense is just fine

We tried that once already.

This isn't SEC football. You have a limited number of coaches. If you want to bring in Badeaux, you have to get rid of Wells or ST. He's not a pitching coach, so we would be in the same exact situation as we are now.

11. Default Re: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

Baddeaux has made his living in the cages as a hitting coach. We don’t need another hitting coach running our pitchers . ..

Baseball at UL is slowly encroaching on being like basketball. The CWS is 23 years ago, and some cling to it like basketball to the Blackham days.

To put this in perspective, in theory and mathematically, some of those players could have very young grandchildren.

And like Beryl Shipley, Tony Robicheaux isn’t walking back thru the door.

It’s good to have a benchmark, but it fades thru time.

13. Default Re: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

are we sure we cant dig up any old covid test results and get that game vacated

14. Default Re: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Baseball at UL is slowly encroaching on being like basketball. The CWS is 23 years ago, and some cling to it like basketball to the Blackham days.

To put this in perspective, in theory and mathematically, some of those players could have very young grandchildren.

And like Beryl Shipley, Tony Robicheaux isn’t walking back thru the door.

It’s good to have a benchmark, but it fades thru time.
    great point, also back then those covering these events were excited to have “new” teams in the mix, now not so much, they dont want us there

With the addition of these new schools i thought we needed to get exponentionlly better this yesr and we did in 2 phases of the game. But that isnt enough. If we dont address the pitching side of things we will continue to be a little above average year after year. What scares me is we lose alot of offense off this years team we will need to replace. I think we have some pieces in the dugout that got valuable playing time this year. But we need better.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information