Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

Default Re: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

This is what happens when you put yourself in a position to have to win the tournament. We should be in a spot with a 30 rpi and not have to worry about winning the tournament. Zero excuses for this team to not be in that position

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    GD y’all the season ain’t over.
    No, but we have a very steep hill to climb.

3. Default Re: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

Quote Originally Posted by Lej0285 View Post
    This is what happens when you put yourself in a position to have to win the tournament. We should be in a spot with a 30 rpi and not have to worry about winning the tournament. Zero excuses for this team to not be in that position
    Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    We need a true pitching coach which we dont have and we will need to replace Wells after this year. Word is he is leaving for a college HC gig. Maybe replace him with the HC from Terulings? I forgot his name.
    Does the high school coach have a successful record of college recruiting regionally?

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    We need a true pitching coach which we dont have and we will need to replace Wells after this year. Word is he is leaving for a college HC gig. Maybe replace him with the HC from Terulings? I forgot his name.
    Brooks Badeaux? Are you serious? He can’t spell “pitching”. Never in his life has he coached pitchers as a pitching coach. Get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I'd assume Brock and Roc are headed to the Big Leagues.
    Allegedly

Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember Brooks on the UL staff as a volunteer years ago for a season, or less.

8. Default Re: SBC BB Final: Louisiana 3, Coastal Carolina 6

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember Brooks on the UL staff as a volunteer years ago for a season, or less.
    Yep.

I have admittedly not followed this team closely. But if they win tonight and get one W vs CCU on Saturday, will that not be enough?

I know the JMU weekend looks bad to a committee but aside from 3-4 other losses, which will happen in a 56-gm reg season, the way this team has played since JMU seems like they would have a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    I have admittedly not followed this team closely. But if they win tonight and get one W vs CCU on Saturday, will that not be enough?

I know the JMU weekend looks bad to a committee but aside from 3-4 other losses, which will happen in a 56-gm reg season, the way this team has played since JMU seems like they would have a shot.
    If they lose tonight, I will confidently say they have no shot at an at-large bid. They get to championship day, they have an outside shot.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Allegedly
    Both are considered in the Top 150 draft eligible players. If the money is decent, they are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Yup. Mediocre year. Let's hope Degs gets pitching wise
    I disagree as far as a mediocre assessment is concerned. 2019 we had a losing record. That is mediocre in my opinion. Granted we wanna win 40 every year and that is still attainable, but maybe not probable.

Will say it again, they have to win the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Both are considered in the Top 150 draft eligible players. If the money is decent, they are gone.
    Understood but crazy things happen in the MLB draft. Hoping for the best for both young men but sometimes things aren’t as they seem come draft time.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    I disagree as far as a mediocre assessment is concerned. 2019 we had a losing record. That is mediocre in my opinion. Granted we wanna win 40 every year and that is still attainable, but maybe not probable.
    Losing record for THIS program = DISASTER.

If we do not make the tournament, which we will not if we do not win the tournament, the season is a failure. Did not compete for the regular season championship. Did not REALLY compete for an at large spot. Failure.

Mediocre for this program is getting sent somewhere across the country as a 3 seed with an outside shot to win the regional. We didn't even achieve that.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information