Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

UL Football New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Twitter link

3 years of eligibility left. Has a lot of practice tape on his Twitter profile. Looks like a great get considering the recent departures. I think our coaches can develop Shad into an absolute stud. Welcome to the cULture!

Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Love the size of this DB!

Maybe we can get his brother too>>>https://247sports.com/Player/Tony-Louis-Nkuba-46134762/

I hope he does great but I am now jaded due to the transfer portal when young men start looking for NIL dollars when they develop into good players!

4. Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

A lot of these players grow up in almost poverty situations and most will not make it to the next level. How can anyone blame them for taking advantage of a small opportunity which may get them in a position for them and their children to have a much better opportunity in life . . .

5. Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    A lot of these players grow up in almost poverty situations and most will not make it to the next level. How can anyone blame them for taking advantage of a small opportunity which may get them in a position for them and their children to have a much better opportunity in life . . .
    Curious, how much do you think some of these transfers from mid majors to P5 are getting in NIL money? I don't think it is life changing money.

I know what it means to grow up in poverty. I'm a statistic, first generation college student, son of a single parent. The better opportunity in life is getting the right degree and working hard. NIL dollars for most will be fool's gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    I hope he does great but I am now jaded due to the transfer portal when young men start looking for NIL dollars when they develop into good players!
    Fully understand, but it’s better than the alternative where none of our players are any good.

7. Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Curious, how much do you think some of these transfers from mid majors to P5 are getting in NIL money? I don't think it is life changing money.
    It may not be life changing money for you and I, however I do t thing that is the standard. If one without a pot to pee in gets everything paid for and $50,000 he could see that as life changing . . . At least for a moment. And it’s not just that, once you get into that level and even perform somewhat there are people there to help you after you are finished with college. The fish at the P5 are much greater than the fish at the G5.

8. Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Kentucky has been dealing with "one and done" for almost a decade now.

I'm sure Louisiana can learn to cope with "two and toodle-oo" somehow.

9. Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post

I know what it means to grow up in poverty. I'm a statistic, first generation college student, son of a single parent. The better opportunity in life is getting the right degree and working hard. NIL dollars for most will be fool's gold.
    NIL may make it more conducive to getting that degree . . . also, they have contact with prominent businessmen supporters who may encourage them to stick it out, get your NIL and you will be employable by people like me if you do it.

There are lots of intangibles available to athletes that are never talked about on boards like this. NIL just sweetens the pot to put in the time to eventually succeed.

No more comments from me on this less I will be accused of arguing with a poster . . .

I wonder if this signing comes late due to the guy recently graduating from junior college.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I wonder if this signing comes late due to the guy recently graduating from junior college.
    Very likely.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

6% of all college athletes make it to the next level, that is it. I read 40% of all kids entering the transfer portal do not end up going somewhere else to play. The whole point of the University is to give someone an opportunity for a prosperous education/career and become a good functional citizen. We as a society have forgotten this and the NIL and transfer portal has made the situation even worse.

13. Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    6% of all college athletes make it to the next level, that is it. I read 40% of all kids entering the transfer portal do not end up going somewhere else to play. The whole point of the University is to give someone an opportunity for a prosperous education/career and become a good functional citizen. We as a society have forgotten this and the NIL and transfer portal has made the situation even worse.
    And without sports, many of these would not have attended one day of college.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The vast majority of NIL isn't life changing or generational wealth.

15. Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    The vast majority of NIL isn't life changing or generational wealth.
    I don’t think anyone ever said it was. However, what ever it is would be better than the alternative . . . which is nothing . . . Generally those getting generational wealth amounts will be getting it again when the sign as a professional (minus the girl sports). Everybody else, it is just a little something else which if nothing else may entice them to stay in school longer and get that degree or possibly get exposed to some businessman they would otherwise never meet who would give them a job and career after sports . . .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information