Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Kentucky basketball is borderline irrelevant these days.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It's not Perry or Davis, it's probably Kendrall Williams who has been battling back from knee injuries the past two seasons. It might be the best move for him personally because he is not going to play ahead of Perry or Davis.
    Is that the Many or Carencro kid?

The portal is closed and he is not a graduate transfer. I’m confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    He never has experience.

Louisiana can get decent enough players to where two years of experience can make a difference.

Remember, every school is dealing with attrition, so good coaching is all UL will need going forward.
    I'm not sure where experience really plays in here since you were initially talking about one and done and how he's managed it all these years. I was just saying its hard to compare our two situations since he's just reloading with other top talent when talented guys leave. We don't have that luxury.

4. Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

The diamonds that are developed here get poached and all we can do is hope to replace them with diamonds in the rough. Tough exchange no matter how you slice it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The diamonds that are developed here get poached and all we can do is hope to replace them with diamonds in the rough. Tough exchange no matter how you slice it.
    It’s really demoralizing as a fan. I wish the NCAA would do something about it but they won’t.

6. Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    It’s really demoralizing as a fan. I wish the NCAA would do something about it but they won’t.
    About all they can do is go back to the old eligibility rules and that just won’t happen. Further, I’m not sure if the NCAA went back to those rules it could not be challenged in the courts just like the prohibition against being paid and the NCAA may lose that on the same unconstitutional grounds as pay in the courts.

About all they can do is go back to the old eligibility rules and that just won’t happen. Further, I’m not sure if the NCAA went back to those rules it could not be challenged in the courts just like the prohibition against being paid and the NCAA may lose that on the same unconstitutional grounds as pay in the courts.
    Make the player sit out a year. Fixed it.

8. Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

Make the player sit out a year. Fixed it.
    Not sure the courts would not rule that unconstitutional at this point if it was reinstated and then challenged by athletes.

Not sure the courts would not rule that unconstitutional at this point if it was reinstated and then challenged by athletes.
    What’s unconstitutional is your outlook, buddy! Lol

10. Default Re: New '23 Commit - CB Shad Nkuba II

What’s unconstitutional is your outlook, buddy! Lol
    The athletes could argue that the one year set out stifles their ability to maximize income as an athlete. It is not as strong as the Supreme Court case already decided but may not be found to be a stretch.

This has nothing to do with the constitution. These are rules to play within the NCAA. So if you play in the NCAA the one year sit is the rule period and end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Safety Depth
    Does he have any offers? He doesn't even have a 247

NCAA will not close the pipeline of free talent to P5.

"Free" being others spend tens of thousands to recruit/develop for 1-3 years with literally $0 financial cost to P5 to simply take at will. Even the NIL to lure players is paid by boosters. UL, lower P5. G5 and to a lessor degree FCS are stuck with ALL the player development expenses. The Huge time investment resources are lost with no reciprocation of the cost incurred to me is BY FAR the biggest inequity this current system has created.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Here's his hudl link. He definitely looks the part.
    https://www.hudl.com/profile/10930949/Micaiah-Bivines

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    All FCS offers.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information