Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: SBC Tourney Final: Louisiana 6, Texas State 1

1. Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    Wife and I were discussing. Rhys Hoskins in the NLDS is the guy they are referencing. The key difference imo was that the Troy batter threw the bat back across the field, in the general direction of the catcher/umpire. Hoskins throws it directly into the ground towards his own dugout. Don't think Troy's merited an ejection, but that is the key difference imo. He rightly apologized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvi9xqPd3SU
    He did apologize, which I credit him for, but it was the act of throwing the bat towards both the catcher and umpire back towards the playing field that I had a problem with. We can agree to disagree on the ejection part, but a player should never throw the bat back into the field of play where players and umpires are. He did not just gingerly toss it, he actually spiked it about 10 feet back at home plate. I don't care how much you apologize for it, the rule is the rule and just because the MLB does it doesn't mean it is OK. If that is our basis for what is right and wrong, the NBA allows Lebron to take 42 steps and flop like a fish out of water, would we be okay with college kids getting the same treatment.

2. Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

Are y’ll arguing or just debating?

Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by LA CAJUNS View Post
    Who’s pitching tonight? Nezuh or Rawls?
    I'm not sure which Cajun we got tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    I'm not sure which Cajun we got tonight.
    I just hope we play every game with the mindset of "we have to win tonight"

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    He did apologize, which I credit him for, but it was the act of throwing the bat towards both the catcher and umpire back towards the playing field that I had a problem with. We can agree to disagree on the ejection part, but a player should never throw the bat back into the field of play where players and umpires are. He did not just gingerly toss it, he actually spiked it about 10 feet back at home plate. I don't care how much you apologize for it, the rule is the rule and just because the MLB does it doesn't mean it is OK. If that is our basis for what is right and wrong, the NBA allows Lebron to take 42 steps and flop like a fish out of water, would we be okay with college kids getting the same treatment.
    Similar to softball situation with their player screaming at umps. If they run him immediately - is he out, and the game over? If so, in no case should he be tossed at least before crossing home plate. If they can count the run, I'm fine with tossing him.

6. Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    Similar to softball situation with their player screaming at umps. If they run him immediately - is he out, and the game over? If so, in no case should he be tossed at least before crossing home plate. If they can count the run, I'm fine with tossing him.
    I can agree with that, allow him to cross home plate, but immediately after crossing home plate the umpires should have informed the coaches that the player was to be ejected and he would have been ineligible for the next game as well, in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I just hope we play every game with the mindset of "we have to win tonight"
    Tonight's Field of Play in Montgomery, Alabama

Name:  Alabama Teague.png
Views: 271
Size:  703.9 KB

8. Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

Here are two of the still frames of him throwing the bat back into the field of play. If you want to watch it in real time you can go to espn.com and watch the replay at 3:08 marker

Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Here are two of the still frames of him throwing the bat back into the field of play. If you want to watch it in real time you can go to espn.com and watch the replay at 3:08 marker
    No opposing player or umpire anywhere near where he threw the bat and not even in the frame. I can just imagine if this was Hood or Brock and RP would come unglued if they got tossed in that situation.

What about Shug in Houston?

10. Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    No opposing player or umpire anywhere near where he threw the bat and not even in the frame. I can just imagine if this was Hood or Brock and RP would come unglued if they got tossed in that situation.

What about Shug in Houston?
    The catcher and umpire were right outside of the frame, when he spiked the bat their was no way he could know which way it would bounce, he was lucky it bounced away from home plate.

I would feel the same way had it been a Cajun player as well. There is absolutely no reason for what he did, he could have easily thrown the bat away from the field of play.

11. Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

I am shocked that USM is starting Tanner Hall for Game 1 vs JMU, who played yesterday. I thought they would have saved him for tomorrow, but I guess their thought is they can bring him back if needed later if he starts day 1.

Yea, it caught me off guard at first, but the bat was definitely not thrown back at home plate. If it were, he would have definitely hit the catcher or umpire. It was thrown towards his dugout.

13. Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    Yea, it caught me off guard at first, but the bat was definitely not thrown back at home plate. If it were, he would have definitely hit the catcher or umpire. It was thrown towards his dugout.
    It bounced in the field of play, not in foul territory. Try this, go spike a bat like he did 100 times, let me know which way it bounces each time. I guarantee it will bounce a different direction each time you throw it.

So, I guess you just want to argue with Cajun fans?

Post the first frame where the bat first touches the ground.
    I could have sworn it nearly hit the foul line.

15. Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    So, I guess you just want to argue with Cajun fans?

Post the first frame where the bat first touches the ground.
    I could have sworn it nearly hit the foul line.
    I am not trying to argue, I am just saying the rule is you can not throw the bat, he threw it into the field of play. He should have been reprimanded.

Not as close to the foul line as you think, it is in the middle of play still in the dirt in front of the plate.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information