Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: SBC Tourney Final: Louisiana 6, Texas State 1

UL Baseball SBC Tourney Final: Louisiana 6, Texas State 1

From sunbeltsports.org -

Louisiana—the reigning Sun Belt tournament champion and the No. 4 seed this year, has won seven of its last 10 games and owns wins over LSU (No. 4 RPI), Coastal Carolina (No. 13 RPI), Campbell (No. 22 RPI), Southern Miss (No. 28 RPI) and Troy (No. 35 RPI).

Texas State, which reached an NCAA Baseball Regional final a year ago and is the No. 5 seed in Montgomery, claims wins over Coastal Carolina (No. 13 RPI), Texas (No. 23 RPI), Southern Miss twice (No. 28 RPI), Troy (No. 35 RPI) and TCU (No. 38 RPI).

Each of the Top 5 seeds in the Sun Belt Baseball Championship remain in the conversation for an at-large berth to NCAA Baseball Regionals, with each boasting 35-or-more wins on the year—Coastal Carolina (37-17), Southern Miss (37-16), Troy (38-17), Louisiana (36-20) and Texas State (35-21).

2. Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

Who’s pitching tonight? Nezuh or Rawls?

3. Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

Can I call a Louisiana Picher named Rawls, Lou Rawls?

Lou Rawls song: "Someday soon you'll need me."

Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

May be a late night. App State just took the lead in top 9th and still batting.

5. Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    May be a late night. App State just took the lead in top 9th and still batting.
    9-9, Troy tied it up with a 2 run dinger. Troy player should have been ejected after the HR though.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    9-9, Troy tied it up with a 2 run dinger. Troy player should have been ejected after the HR though.
    It looked like it was excitement and not showboating or aimed toward the opponent. That's an impactful decision to make when it wasn't malicious in my opinion. I think the umpire handled it perfectly.

7. Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

It looked like it was excitement and not showboating or aimed toward the opponent. That's an impactful decision to make when it wasn't malicious in my opinion. I think the umpire handled it perfectly.
    I disagree, but that is my opinion. Growing up, if you threw the bat like he did, no matter the reason, malicious intent or excitement you were reprimanded. He threw the bat back toward the infield, had he thrown it or flipped to the foul territory it would have been one thing, he actually threw it back towards home plate and it could have gotten someone hurt. Again, I think he should have gotten credit for the HR, but been ejected for throwing the bat like he did. It was basically spiked back towards home plate.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I disagree, but that is my opinion. Growing up, if you threw the bat like he did, no matter the reason, malicious intent or excitement you were reprimanded. He threw the bat back toward the infield, had he thrown it or flipped to the foul territory it would have been one thing, he actually threw it back towards home plate and it could have gotten someone hurt. Again, I think he should have gotten credit for the HR, but been ejected for throwing the bat like he did. It was basically spiked back towards home plate.
    Fair enough. I'm kind of with the announcers too. If this wasn't encouraged and glorified in the majors, you wouldn't have the situation. Can't fault a kid for doing what he's seen on tv his whole life.

9. Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

Fair enough. I'm kind of with the announcers too. If this wasn't encouraged and glorified in the majors, you wouldn't have the situation. Can't fault a kid for doing what he's seen on tv his whole life.
    Looks like Troy is going to win this one. They have 2 on with no outs

10. Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

Game over 10-9 Troy wins on a walkoff single.

Wife and I were discussing. Rhys Hoskins in the NLDS is the guy they are referencing. The key difference imo was that the Troy batter threw the bat back across the field, in the general direction of the catcher/umpire. Hoskins throws it directly into the ground towards his own dugout. Don't think Troy's merited an ejection, but that is the key difference imo. He rightly apologized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvi9xqPd3SU

45 minutes between games, so we are 1 hour 45 minutes behind as of the conclusion of game 1?

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    Wife and I were discussing. Rhys Hoskins in the NLDS is the guy they are referencing. The key difference imo was that the Troy batter threw the bat back across the field, in the general direction of the catcher/umpire. Hoskins throws it directly into the ground towards his own dugout. Don't think Troy's merited an ejection, but that is the key difference imo. He rightly apologized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvi9xqPd3SU
    Yea, he caught himself and was apologetic which leads me to believe it was excitement and just not thinking. Like I said, that can have major impact for a non-malicious act. I've seen dozens of players mouth off at umpires this year without being tossed.

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    45 minutes between games, so we are 1 hour 45 minutes behind as of the conclusion of game 1?
    45. Game ended at 1230 and Game 2 was scheduled for 1230. May not be exact. I haven't seen anything official.

45. Game ended at 1230 and Game 2 was scheduled for 1230. May not be exact. I haven't seen anything official.
    Got it. Trying to keep my time zones straight LOL.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information