Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: SBC Tourney Final: Louisiana 6, Texas State 1

Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I am not trying to argue, I am just saying the rule is you can not throw the bat, he threw it into the field of play. He should have been reprimanded.

Not as close to the foul line as you think, it is in the middle of play still in the dirt in front of the plate.
    can you cite the rule?

2. Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    can you cite the rule?
    Batter throws his bat intentionally or unintentionally.
    If the batter unintentionally throws his bat and it interferes with the fielders, interference is called and the batter is out. If the batter throws his bat intentionally, the batter will be ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct.

https://baseballrulesacademy.com/off...intentionally/

Ejected. Definitely Ejected.

4. Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    can you cite the rule?
    If the batter unintentionally throws his bat and it interferes with the fielders, interference is called and the batter is out. If the batter throws his bat intentionally, the batter will be ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct.

From the actual NCAA rule book (pg 56-57)
    http://www.ncaapublications.com/prod...loads/BA24.pdf

Unsportsmanlike Conduct
    SECTION 17. Game personnel shall not use language that will, in any
    manner, refer to or reflect negatively upon opposing players, coaches, umpires
    or spectators. Any orchestrated activities by any player or dugout personnel
    designed to distract, intimidate or disconcert the opposing team or reflect poor
    sportsmanship shall not be allowed. This includes activities such as:
    - Negative comments directed at an opponent, umpire or spectator.
    - Bench jockeying.
    - Bat flips near or toward an opponent or umpire.
    - Use of props or signs directed at an opponent or umpiring decision.
    PENALTY—The umpire shall warn the offending individual and the coach one
    time. If the unsportsmanlike conduct continues after the warning, the
    offender shall be ejected.
    If the unsportsmanlike conduct continues
    after the first ejection, the head coach shall be ejected along with any
    other offending personnel.

Exactly what happened when the umpire talked to the Troy coach after the incident.

Here are two of the still frames of him throwing the bat back into the field of play. If you want to watch it in real time you can go to espn.com and watch the replay at 3:08 marker
    OMG, shoot the poor bastard for God's sake. Is this really a discussion ? Back in the day [Pre-wussification], nothing was said. You just better have your dancing shoes on next time you stepped in the box.

Yea I don’t think an ejection would have been warranted. That’s something that makes baseball different, there’s no in between there. Either no penalty or ejection.

Im not sure when people will realize what rules are for and respect for the game. Somewhere the line has to be drawn. Alot of the ____ these kids do nowdays is uncalled for. Thats why we are in the “look at me” era. It aint about u. Its about the team. Nothing wrong with celebrating within reason. But alot of this stuff is excessive. Be humble and play the game hard

I am shocked that USM is starting Tanner Hall for Game 1 vs JMU, who played yesterday. I thought they would have saved him for tomorrow, but I guess their thought is they can bring him back if needed later if he starts day 1.
    Starting Hall is a no brainer if you want him to be available on Sunday.

Besides…JMU doesn’t suck.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Starting Hall is a no brainer if you want him to be available on Sunday.

Besides…JMU doesn’t suck.
    My thought was win today and save bullpen while having him for championship Sunday.

11. Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Im not sure when people will realize what rules are for and respect for the game. Somewhere the line has to be drawn. Alot of the ____ these kids do nowdays is uncalled for. Thats why we are in the “look at me” era. It aint about u. Its about the team. Nothing wrong with celebrating within reason. But alot of this stuff is excessive. Be humble and play the game hard
    well said. I am sick of all of the celebrations when kids get a double or triple, but now you are seeing it when they get a single. Get to the base raise your hand or clap and move on. It seems every kid is trying to come up with a new celebration every time they reach base in softball and baseball.

This all started in football when a RB would get a 3 yard gain for a first down and celebrate like it was the 4th of damn July.

I know I sound like a grumpy old man, but I am sick of this. I will say it again, what that young man did was wrong, I appreciate that he was apologetic, but the rule that was stated was about bat flipping, that kid did not flip his bat, he threw it on the field of play during a game. He did not hit a walk off; the game was still being played. I don't condone anything about what he did and if I were the coach, even if he wasn't reprimanded on the field, I would reprimand him personally.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    This was far from "look at me". Kid was excited after hitting an absolute bomb to tie it up after giving up a lead in the top of the 9th. Again, I will cite Girouard when we won the Houston regional years ago. Not a soul was embarrassed and would have been irate if he was ejected and couldn't play in the super regional. Do we wish he hadn't thrown the bat? Maybe. But it was heat of moment. Not to the level of impacting the player and the team in subsequent games without a prior warning.

Nezuh will start tonight. Fluno goes tomorrow

14. Default Re: Louisiana v Texas State | 7:30 Tonight

Gotta win tonight with Nezuh, will set us up nicely for Fluno vs Coastal (or hopefully they get upset by Georgia State in a little bit.

I am a huge GSU fan for the GSU vs Coastal game.

Sounds good. Cajuns go into this with a solid season.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information