Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Local Company wants to Paint Blackham

Default Re: Local Company wants to Paint Blackham

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    But why are you mad about it?
    Seems personal, I’d guess they know each other

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Retail space to storage space.... sign of a dead mall.

I am curious to see what will happen with the Bed Bath and Beyond space after they close.
    Natural progress of development. For a long time 70506 and 70503 were the hot zip codes. I've been pointing out to my wife how businesses have been leaving along Ambassador north of the river and, if fortunate, being replaced by second level businessses. As a homeowner, I'm watching this closely. Crappy stores begets crappy consumers. There are certain stores I've told my wife to stay away from, and some not even to frequent after dark.

Now the hot zip code is 70508. Decade from now, if I were a betting man, as 90/49 south developes, growth will occurr along that corridor. The Ambassador interchange once built is more interstate quality service roads along undeveloped areas and will join two major interchanges.

But why are you mad about it?
    Not mad about it. Just pointing out the obvious. Never heard of this guy until this started. Turns out "THEPAINTGUYS LLC" is registered with the Secretary of State but still don't see a license with the Board of Contractors.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Not mad about it. Just pointing out the obvious. Never heard of this guy until this started. Turns out "THEPAINTGUYS LLC" is registered with the Secretary of State but still don't see a license with the Board of Contractors.
    He's got you googling him which is all he wanted.

Geezus! You researched this dudes business with the SEC of State??? LoL! Why? Weird man.

Geezus! You researched this dudes business with the SEC of State??? LoL! Why? Weird man.
    If a jeweler popped up on social media saying they will do what you do for half the price of anyone else, wouldn't you look them up to see if they're legit?

If a jeweler popped up on social media saying they will do what you do for half the price of anyone else, wouldn't you look them up to see if they're legit?
    Sounds like he just wants to help out and isn't in it for the money.

No. The person buying from that person making the claims, yes. Which I'm pretty sure the University does that. Preeeeeeeety sure.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    That is a great idea and possibly the best use of all of the land around Blackham. What a great entrance to the athletic complex that would make.
    How much would the City pay the university for that property vs. any other property on which they would build the PAC? Maybe that would provide the added needed funds to invest in athletics and complete the football stadium upgrades.

How much would the City pay the university for that property vs. any other property on which they would build the PAC? Maybe that would provide the added needed funds to invest in athletics and complete the football stadium upgrades.
    City doesn’t have the proverbial pot right now. That’s DOA.

When Joey Durel was MP, he showed the model of how to get a tax passed for particular projects….the Lafayette Airport. It identified a set dollar amount and where any funds collected over that amount until the end of the fiscal year would be allocated.

This may be the model for the PAC, but may be a coin flip. There already is a divide of downtown vs elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    City doesn’t have the proverbial pot right now. That’s DOA.

When Joey Durel was MP, he showed the model of how to get a tax passed for particular projects….the Lafayette Airport. It identified a set dollar amount and where any funds collected over that amount until the end of the fiscal year would be allocated.

This may be the model for the PAC, but may be a coin flip. There already is a divide of downtown vs elsewhere.
    How is this PAC project including land purchase being funded?

The PAC is going to on Congress/Cajundome Blvd.

Nothing has been officially decided regarding the location much less design, etc. money isn’t close to being there, and given the audit issues and reimbursement from the state/feds in doubt, don’t see how this happens anytime soon unless OLG grossly overpays for the HPACC.

No official land deal even done. Slow the roll on this, the money is not there.

As a taxpayer in Lafayette, I want our 19 million plus back from the parish first and foremost, and if anyone is found in violation of any laws, arrested and convicted.

https://www.lafayettela.gov/docs/def...eport-2022.pdf

You’re catching “schit” here, but I for one don’t see problem with your comments.

I’m willing to bet this though: he does it half off - we’ll get exactly what we pay for.

15. Default Re: Local Company wants to Paint Blackham

I second putting the new performing arts center at the Blackham site, but UL is offering to give the land away ($1/year rent) on Congress because it has delusions of grandeur about developing the whole area.

I don’t see this making sense for UL where the Blackham is. The real estate is too far and too disconnected from the area they want to develop and it’s much more valuable.

As for painting Blackham: it’s not painted now. Why would they paint it? What would they paint it? A coat of paint isn’t going to make it look much better, if at all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information