Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Local Company wants to Paint Blackham

Default Re: Local Company wants to Paint Blackham

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Yes, will be a bid if anything moves forward. Guy is just getting his name out there with this stunt. Notice he didn’t say free but said “half” what anyone else would charge. Any legit company knows you can’t do this for a public building.
    Why feel the need to assume the guys just some selfish guy doing it only for his own benefit? Do you know if your accusation is correct?

2. Default Re: Local Company wants to Paint Blackham

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Pressure washing or painting won't make Blackham any prettier. It's just an ugly building. Original Blackham's aesthetic may have been worth salvaging (prior to its expansion renovation):

It can't make it any F'n worse........

Interesting that it was designed by A Hays Towne.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    When fans painted parts of Cajun Field in 2002, I don't remember bidding.
    Volunteering isn’t the same as doing something for “half the price of other companies”.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Why feel the need to assume the guys just some selfish guy doing it only for his own benefit? Do you know if your accusation is correct?
    If someone’s doing it because they really want to help, they’ll make a phone call. What they won’t do it promote their “idea” like crazy on social media while asking people to follow his page at the same time. Would also help if “The Paint Guys” were registered with the state. Maybe then he could bid on this type of job like legit companies. I’m sure he’s doing business under his other company but he may want to also check with the Secretary of State because he forgot to do something important. Of course that doesn’t matter either since neither “company” is shown as licensed with the state. Even if he volunteered to do it for free, he can’t.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    He also designed the OLD Baker and Huger halls that were demolished several years ago. Those buildings and Blackham must have been during his Auschwitz period of design.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Pressure washing or painting won't make Blackham any prettier. It's just an ugly building. Original Blackham's aesthetic may have been worth salvaging (prior to its expansion renovation):

Interesting, I had no idea that the current Blackham layout is the "expanded" layout.

Volunteering isn’t the same as doing something for “half the price of other companies”.
    But Chris Reed gets his social media article in for the day.

If someone’s doing it because they really want to help, they’ll make a phone call. What they won’t do it promote their “idea” like crazy on social media while asking people to follow his page at the same time. Would also help if “The Paint Guys” were registered with the state. Maybe then he could bid on this type of job like legit companies. I’m sure he’s doing business under his other company but he may want to also check with the Secretary of State because he forgot to do something important. Of course that doesn’t matter either since neither “company” is shown as licensed with the state. Even if he volunteered to do it for free, he can’t.
    Really like it when someone does their homework. It’s a DOA idea.

10. Default Re: Local Company wants to Paint Blackham

It’s happeninggggg
    #RenovateBlackham

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    The LOCAL hysterical group now is on FB saying they’re working on getting Blackham on the local registry. Local designation is basically a feel good move, but Pandora’s Box has been open. Be careful what you wish for, this is one of the best pieces of real estate UL owns.

Tear that sucker down. It is a piece of poop. You paint it, but it will be a piece of poop that is painted.

13. Default Re: Local Company wants to Paint Blackham

I guess the question is how much does blackham bring in to the university/city with the livestock events. If another type of venue would bring more to the table then it should have been done years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I guess the question is how much does blackham bring in to the university/city with the livestock events. If another type of venue would bring more to the table then it should have been done years ago.
    Don't try to bring that logical poop in here. I do not want to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Don't try to bring that logical poop in here. I do not want to hear it.
    Or have to paint it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information