Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Emotional UL softball coach remembers two late women who'd be proud of regional win

1. UL Softball Emotional UL softball coach remembers two late women who'd be proud of regional win

UL’s two wins over LSU to claim the Baton Rouge Regional crown for the program’s first super regional trip since 2016 were emotional enough to bring tears.

Default Re: Emotional UL softball coach remembers two late women who'd be proud of regional win

That's gotta hurt like hell. Geri Ann would've been a great coach.

Default Re: Emotional UL softball coach remembers two late women who'd be proud of regional win

Proud of our Coach. Listened to LSU coach postgame. Mutual respect with our coach and team.

Love the article, and continued major kudos to Foote for the content and the UL's and Louisiana's all over the Advocate.

You can tell Coach puts a lot of pressure on himself via his comments in that article and his demeanor during games. Take care of yourself coach, we appreciate you!

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    UL’s two wins over LSU to claim the Baton Rouge Regional crown for the program’s first super regional trip since 2016 were emotional enough to bring tears.
    Chokes you up.

6. Default Re: Emotional UL softball coach remembers two late women who'd be proud of regional win

When we watch the games we really don’t know what is going on behind the scenes in Coach’s head. He gave us a picture in that interview.

https://youtu.be/M-v82Hr_XfQ

Minute 3:00 Talking about us on this board.

Good for you Sophie!

9. Default Re: Emotional UL softball coach remembers two late women who'd be proud of regional win

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post

Super Regional Glasco.

How cool if that nickname only lasts a week.

World Series Glasco

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Super Regional Glasco.

How cool if that nickname only lasts a week.

World Series Glasco
    Yes indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post

Well that's embarrassing. I sometimes wonder how comments on sports boards hurt the team, hurt recruiting, and hurt the university.

12. Default Re: Emotional UL softball coach remembers two late women who'd be proud of regional win

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Well that's embarrassing. I sometimes wonder how comments on sports boards hurt the team, hurt recruiting, and hurt the university.
    This identifies two things discussed on this board just today that should be in the back of a fan’s head when they come here to post derogatory, negative or inflammatory posts about our university, it’s players and it’s coaches.

What will be the benefit of such a post to your university, it’s players that have chosen to wear Louisiana across their chests and the coaches that have chosen to practice their profession with Louisiana across their chests. What will recruits and their parents think about the atmosphere they are entering or sending their children to?

On the other side, what will be the detriments which could occur from such posts. Are you compounding another bad situation which a particular player is dealing with in his or her life that you don’t know about? Are you compounding another bad situation which a particular coach is dealing with in his or her life that you don’t know about? Is it really worth it? Are you convincing a parent of a recruit or a recruit to maybe select another university whose fans are not aggressive buttholes?

Anyone who doesn’t think that what is said on a schools message board, especially anonymous message boards affects at least somewhat the perception of that school by others is naive at best.

13. Default Re: Emotional UL softball coach remembers two late women who'd be proud of regional win

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Coach Glasco gave himself that nickname.

In his drive to succeed he declared, "I don't want be known as Regional Glasco."

No one here meant it as an insult.

Foote is the best. Great article. When is internet warriors criticize coaches we have no idea how much work they do and more importantly how bad they want it

15. Default Re: Emotional UL softball coach remembers two late women who'd be proud of regional win

When Coach Glasco gave himself the nickname "Regional Glasco" and declared it wasn't going to be his permanent nickname, I viewed it in the same light as he would play anyone anywhere. These are my goals. This is what I need to work on. I will not be denied.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information