Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Emotional UL softball coach remembers two late women who'd be proud of regional win

1. Default Re: Emotional UL softball coach remembers two late women who'd be proud of regional win

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    This identifies two things discussed on this board just today that should be in the back of a fan’s head when they come here to post derogatory, negative or inflammatory posts about our university, it’s players and it’s coaches.

What will be the benefit of such a post to your university, it’s players that have chosen to wear Louisiana across their chests and the coaches that have chosen to practice their profession with Louisiana across their chests. What will recruits and their parents think about the atmosphere they are entering or sending their children to?

On the other side, what will be the detriments which could occur from such posts. Are you compounding another bad situation which a particular player is dealing with in his or her life that you don’t know about? Are you compounding another bad situation which a particular coach is dealing with in his or her life that you don’t know about? Is it really worth it? Are you convincing a parent of a recruit or a recruit to maybe select another university whose fans are not aggressive buttholes?

Anyone who doesn’t think that what is said on a schools message board, especially anonymous message boards affects at least somewhat the perception of that school by others is naive at best.
    Do you ask fans to sit on their hands at ball games too?

2. Default Re: Emotional UL softball coach remembers two late women who'd be proud of regional win

Quote Originally Posted by sandra View Post
    Do you ask fans to sit on their hands at ball games too?
    Absolutely not.

Default Re: Emotional UL softball coach remembers two late women who'd be proud of regional win

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Coach Glasco gave himself that nickname.

In his drive to succeed he declared, "I don't want be known as Regional Glasco."

No one here meant it as an insult.
    Doesn't matter what we meant.

What matters is what we do, and what impact does it have?

Trees are named for their fruit.

Default Re: Emotional UL softball coach remembers two late women who'd be proud of regional win

Great work Coach.

Let's Geaux.

5. Default Re: Emotional UL softball coach remembers two late women who'd be proud of regional win

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post

His fruit has changed.

The new fruitage of his efforts are magnified due to the pressure he placed on himself.

You gotta love it.

6. Default Re: Emotional UL softball coach remembers two late women who'd be proud of regional win

When I say Glasco gave himself the nickname, I'm not talking about 'on the field of play.'

He was the first person to use or utter the former phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post

Don't be so negative, Joe. Sophie was laughing when she said we were ruthless. It was obvious to me that she and her teammates were motivated to remove the "Regional" from Regional Glasco. They very well understand that the actual stated goal of the program EVERY YEAR is a National Championship. The "Regional Glasco" name was coined by Glasco himself while describing his and the team's goals early in his tenure here.

Glasco himself will not be satisfied until he is called "National Champion Glasco"

I for one will be glad to eat my words everytime I sell Gerry Glasco short.

For all the folks that were giving Alexa a hard time remember the three things she did well.

#1 G1 homerun in regional finals.
    #2 Outstanding catch in foul grounds.
    #3 With a 0-2 count, Coach Glasco asked her to get the bunt down and she did. (That a great call by the Glasco and great bunt by Alexa.)Everyone knows as a team we have struggled with the bunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    https://youtu.be/M-v82Hr_XfQ

Minute 3:00 Talking about us on this board.
    I have been telling folks for years that players, coaches, staff, administrators, etc view the threads on this site. Most just read, but some do post. You guys would be amazed at the ones that I know that actually post on here. How many do I not know that post on here?

11. Default Re: Emotional UL softball coach remembers two late women who'd be proud of regional win

I was visiting with a past player a couple weeks ago. She said the first thing they did on a long bus ride home was open up RP to see what _______s posted about who for the game. Straight from the horse’s mouth. In other words, they are just like you and me . . . Human . . .

And ALL the parent read this site even parents of recruits.

Speaking of Glasco, is he going to drive 30+ hours with those pitching machines?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    For all the folks that were giving Alexa a hard time remember the three things she did well.

#1 G1 homerun in regional finals.
    #2 Outstanding catch in foul grounds.
    #3 With a 0-2 count, Coach Glasco asked her to get the bunt down and she did. (That a great call by the Glasco and great bunt by Alexa.)Everyone knows as a team we have struggled with the bunt.
    I think fans gave her a hard time because what we’ve come to expect from her is based off of her own ability. She rarely makes those mistakes and is a damn phenomenal player. In my opinion as a former athlete here, it is fair to get on a player for underperforming.

It crosses the line when it becomes a personal attack on effort, appearance or some other silly insult that has nothing to do with on field performance. Alexa made an error that opened the door for LSU. She wasn’t the only one we say make a mistake when the game should’ve been put away.

But those girls didn’t dwell on it as long as us fans did. They regrouped, regained their focus and made a decision to not give up and bow down to the mighty purple and ____. The better team and program won that regional. LSU and everyone watching knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Coach Glasco gave himself that nickname.

In his drive to succeed he declared, "I don't want be known as Regional Glasco."

No one here meant it as an insult.
    I know you mean well, but with the posts I read on here I expect several people meant it as in insult, unfortunately.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information