Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chloe Riassetto Shoutout

1. UL Softball Chloe Riassetto Shoutout

I wanted to give a huge shoutout to freshman pitcher Chloe Riassetto.

This young lady, who I doubt many of us thought would end up being a hero came in and pitched 3 innings of shutout softball vs LSU, she gave up 3 hits and no walks. On the weekend vs LSU she pitched 5.2 innings, gave up 5 hits walked none and struckout 2 and did not give up an earned run.

In her last 14.2 innings she has given up 14 hits, 3 runs all earned, walked 4 and stuckout 11.

She is going to be a nice left handed piece out of the bullpen next season.

2. Default Re: Shoutout

I have always felt comfortable when they pulled the trigger and put her in. Most appearances have been in tough circumstances and there has always been a sense of calm brought to the field when she entered the circle.

Default Re: Shoutout

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post

This young lady, who I doubt many of us thought would end up being a hero came in and pitched 3 innings of shutout softball vs LSU, she gave up 3 hits and no walks. On the weekend vs LSU she pitched 5.2 innings, gave up 5 hits walked none and struckout 2 and did not give up an earned run.

In her last 14.2 innings she has given up 14 hits, 3 runs all earned, walked 4 and stuckout 11.

Well said. She was a BIG part of that win.

It was a high-pressure situation for anyone. For a frosh to stay cool and pitch like she did was very impressive.

She will be one of our main starters next year. She will push for the ace spot.

CGG talked about her yesterday morning on 1420 the goat. Said he'd been following her for 2 or 3 summers in travel ball. Was undefeated last summer taking on some elite talent like no.1 pitching recruit that signed at Florida. He's also mentioned many times about comfortable she is entering games in pressure situations.

Kudos ��

8. Default Re: Shoutout

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    CGG talked about her yesterday morning on 1420 the goat. Said he'd been following her for 2 or 3 summers in travel ball. Was undefeated last summer taking on some elite talent like no.1 pitching recruit that signed at Florida. He's also mentioned many times about comfortable she is entering games in pressure situations.
    Next years kandra lamb?

Next years kandra lamb?
    She obviously could be our no 1 relief pitcher, but I think she will challenge Sam and be a starter. It all depends on how our other 2 FR pitchers develop and what the Canadian pitcher brings to team as well. Wouldn't be surprised if we go after another pitcher in the portal.

If we get to the WS and make some noise, it would jump start another highly ranked recruiting year.

10. Default Re: Shoutout

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    She obviously could be our no 1 relief pitcher, but I think she will challenge Sam and be a starter. It all depends on how our other 2 FR pitchers develop and what the Canadian pitcher brings to team as well. Wouldn't be surprised if we go after another pitcher in the portal.

If we get to the WS and make some noise, it would jump start another highly ranked recruiting year.
    What I noticed about her, and let me quantify this by saying, I am in no way a softball expert. But she is not a strikeout pitcher or even a ground ball pitcher, she forces most of her outs through pop ups, meaning she is getting in on their hands and forcing them to swing at pitches they don't want to or can't handle.

This is good when a pitcher is hitting their spots, the biggest issue would be leaving something up in the zone. The way she pitched Sunday was quite impressive, she did not have any stikeouts and of the 9 outs she recorded 7 were flyouts and 2 were ground outs. Now granted this was a small sample size vs LSU in 3 innings, but that is what I noticed. I loved her moxie in going after the LSU batters, the moment was never too big for her.

She won't be the "next Kandra Lamb". She is already the first Chloe Riassetta. I expect that we will continue next year to utilize the pitching staff much as we did this year. We will see Chloe a lot more next year. Depending on how Tyler Oubre and Kyleigh Pitzer develop and how the new girls perform, Riassetta could fill the other starter role opposite Sam, be long relief [like she tended to be this year], or be the closer. Her style fits more into starting or long relief [in my opinion] than into closing.

CGG pulled all the right strings Sunday. Chloe wasn’t seen by State, so they had limited knowledge and wasn’t able to get thru their line up but once plus a few. Brilliant.

If I remember correctly, only 2 State runs were earned in the last game. Play a clean defensive game, ending would not of been close.

But as a fan, State stealing defeat from the jaws of victory was pretty sweet…a loss that leaves a lot of questions for them.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    She won't be the "next Kandra Lamb". She is already the first Chloe Riassetta. I expect that we will continue next year to utilize the pitching staff much as we did this year. We will see Chloe a lot more next year. Depending on how Tyler Oubre and Kyleigh Pitzer develop and how the new girls perform, Riassetta could fill the other starter role opposite Sam, be long relief [like she tended to be this year], or be the closer. Her style fits more into starting or long relief [in my opinion] than into closing.
    Unfortunately, don’t see enough compliments for Glasco or Robe (whoever made this call to roll w/ her at LSU).

Really like this kid. As stated earlier, for a freshman to come in like that and not be scared of moment is impressive.

Seems like such a good change of pace pitcher from Landry and Lamb. Doesn’t throw hard (for major D1 softball) and a nice different look from the left side.

When you don’t have the shutdown arm, and only a handful of teams in country do, I love when teams mix/match. UL, for most part, has done a good job of figuring out best matchups.

14. Default Re: Shoutout

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    CSRGG pulled all the right strings Sunday. .
    Fixed it for you.

UL Softball Re: Shoutout

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    CGG pulled all the right strings Sunday. Chloe wasn’t seen by State, so they had limited knowledge and wasn’t able to get thru their line up but once plus a few. Brilliant.

If I remember correctly, only 2 State runs were earned in the last game. Play a clean defensive game, ending would not of been close.

But as a fan, State stealing defeat from the jaws of victory was pretty sweet…a loss that leaves a lot of questions for them.
    They have bigger problems than losing 2 to the Cajuns. They are now 11-11 in their last 22 games, including losses to Missouri, McNeese and Ole Miss. Their other losses in that stretch were to pretty good to excellent teams [Oklahoma, Auburn x2, Georgia, Alabama x2 & Louisiana x2].

You know the corndogs, at least with regard to dogging their coach and players, are looking at it that way, rather than saying they have had 2 wins over Missouri, a sweep of Mississippi State, 2 wins over Georgia, and wins over Auburn, Alabama and Louisiana.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information