Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Super Regional: It's Washington.

Default Re: Super Regional: It's Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    All discussions about hosting were based on McNeese holding on to a lead that was 6-runs large at the time.

They gave up 7-runs in the 7th and all talk of potential hosting went out the window.
    What a choke job!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Super Regional: It's Washington.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if McCheese had won in Seattle, wouldn't they be hosting since they would've beaten a higher seeded team than the CAJUNS??

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatWashington

3. Default Re: Super Regional: It's Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if McCheese had won in Seattle, wouldn't they be hosting since they would've beaten a higher seeded team than the CAJUNS??

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatWashington
    They have an all turf field so don’t qualify to host.

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatWashington
    You can't host with an artificial turf infield. Also, are there minimum seating capacity requirements to host?

Here is the host manual for post season. There’s a list of requirements in it.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha.ampsManual.pdf

6. Default Re: Super Regional: It's Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    You can't host with an artificial turf infield. Also, are there minimum seating capacity requirements to host?
    Ok, so this is what Bobby and Cody were talking about Thanks

7. Default Re: Super Regional: It's Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Here is the host manual for post season. There’s a list of requirements in it.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha.ampsManual.pdf
    How we feeling today???

Huskie stadium is sufficient.

9. Default Re: Super Regional: It's Washington.

Trying not to look to far ahead, but another something to like about this Washington regional (aside from us being there) is that the winner of this regional will get the winner of the Utah regional in the first round of the WCWS. So whoever wins in Washington this weekend will face either Utah or San Diego St in OKC. If we make it, I like both of those matchups.

Somebody needs to make sure the Cajuns are still ____ed off.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    How we feeling today???
    I’m so saddddddddd myyyyy Tigahss lost

Literally haven’t stopped crying since last night. Skin is drying up from being dehydrated from all the loss of tears.

MAT, everytime I listen yesterday's radio call or see the highlights on YT from Game 6 & 7, i realize how much I love this program. The Baseball, Softball, Volleyball, Track, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Football, Basketball(s) teams. They are MY TEAM. It's such a bonus for us to get to watch them this late in the season. According to the powers-that-be, we don't belong here. Yet, here we BE.

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatWashington
    Who you beat to get to the Super doesn't matter. If both were ABLE to fulfill obligations to host (e.g. dirt infield) it would come down to who had the better overall resume (committee decision). It would have clearly been the Cajuns in this case, vs. Mcneese.

14. UL Softball Re: Super Regional: It's Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Who you beat to get to the Super doesn't matter. If both were ABLE to fulfill obligations to host (e.g. dirt infield) it would come down to who had the better overall resume (committee decision). It would have clearly been the Cajuns in this case, vs. Mcneese.
    To clarify further . if only one of the two teams (that won their respective regionals) submitted a qualified bid to host a SR (deadline is well before regional play), that one team would be the team that would host the SR, regardless of resume. If none of the teams bid for a SR, this is where the NCAA offers both schools the chance to quickly submit a bid . upon which a decision would be made.

This is why submitting bids for both the regional and super-regional round by the deadline is so important. A team cannot win a regional and then decide, "Hey, we should bid for a super-regional" . unless the winner of the regional paired with them also did not submit a bid. In which case they get bailed out and have another opportunity.

As such, in the case of the Cajuns vs. McNeese . it would not even come down to an evaluation of the respective resumes, as McNeese did not submit a valid bid (they could have bid another qualifying site).

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    To clarify further . if only one of the two teams (that won their respective regionals) submitted a qualified bid to host a SR (deadline is well before regional play), that one team would be the team that would host the SR, regardless of resume. If none of the teams bid for a SR, this is where the NCAA offers both schools the chance to quickly submit a bid . upon which a decision would be made.

This is why submitting bids for both the regional and super-regional round by the deadline is so important. A team cannot win a regional and then decide, "Hey, we should bid for a super-regional" . unless the winner of the regional paired with them also did not submit a bid. In which case they get bailed out and have another opportunity.

As such, in the case of the Cajuns vs. McNeese . it would not even come down to an evaluation of the respective resumes, as McNeese did not submit a valid bid (they could have bid another qualifying site).

Brian
    And, to reiterate, McNeese can't host per NCAA post season rules. They don't have a skinned (dirt) infield. Probably why they didn't submit a bid.

P.S. Not sure their stadium has the minimum 500 seat capacity either.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information