Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Super Regional: It's Washington.

Default Re: Super Regional: It's Washington.

Wikipedia

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Wikipedia
    Outfield is grass. Infield is dirt.

Alright, just dreaming out loud. I did some recon. UW has only hosted (4) Supers in the last 14 years.

Alright, just dreaming out loud. I did some recon. UW has only hosted (4) Supers in the last 14 years.
    Yea. We have the second longest travel for the super and going across 2 time zones into a very different climate. It’s going to be a rough one.

I blame McNeese

LouB, I don't blame McNeese. They were in unfamiliar territory. We've been in that spot too. I blame the NCAA.

LouB, I don't blame McNeese. They were in unfamiliar territory. We've been in that spot too. I blame the NCAA.
    Their HC apparently doesn’t want to leave McNeese. Pulls off that win, he’s on a few shortlists.

But he blows a 6-0 lead in the seventh, fails to pull the pitcher until it was tied. If McNeese had a RPCA, they’d be toasting him still this AM.

RPCA would be roasting CGG this AM if the outcome was different in the second game…much like State fans are doing to BT this AM. She may want to bail, Texas and Oklahoma, there’s 4 to 6 L’s a year coming.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Yea. We have the second longest travel for the super and going across 2 time zones into a very different climate. It’s going to be a rough one.

I blame McNeese
    We can't have it both ways. It is a bit disingenuous to gripe about being sent to LSU every time we don't host, and then gripe because we have to go so far to play a Super.

A Super Regional is never too far away. Are you going to complain when we go to OKC for the WCWS? After all, it is almost an 11 hour drive and it is hot and dry there.

8. Default Re: Super Regional: It's Washington.

We all know the Committee was sending LSU to Washington and the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns got into the way.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    We can't have it both ways. It is a bit disingenuous to gripe about being sent to LSU every time we don't host, and then gripe because we have to go so far to play a Super.

A Super Regional is never too far away. Are you going to complain when we go to OKC for the WCWS? After all, it is almost an 11 hour drive and it is hot and dry there.
    This take is way too rational to be allowed to stay up on this board. Pls delete.

10. Default Re: Super Regional: It's Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    We should be OK on the humidity front, and it won't be hot.

11. Default Re: Super Regional: It's Washington.

We are Cajuns. We are resilient. We got this . . .

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post

I’m not complaining, just noting. It is what it is. It’s going to be tough.

And the mcneese comment is more of a joke. I feel for them. That was rough. But once the rain came and then Washington got the lead off hit I called it, Washington was going to come back. A 7th seed will eventually play like a 7th seed after it scoring for 13 innings.

13. Default Re: Super Regional: It's Washington.

I flew to a wedding once in Seattle, but I don't remember experiencing any jet lag.

Then again other than casually hiking up Mt Rainier, I wasn't really exerting myself. .

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I flew to a wedding once in Seattle, but I don't remember experiencing any jet lag.

Then again other than casually hiking up Mt Rainier, I wasn't really exerting myself. .
    Not much, if any jet lag from flying west two time zones; issue becomes starting a softball game at 9:00 on your body clock and not ending it until maybe 11:30. That is much less of a problem for 18-22 year old athletes than it is for the 75 year old guy watching them play. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

I've traveled a lot and experienced very bad jet lag. Of course that was with a 10-13 hour time difference. Anyone complaining about 2 hrs is just making excuses. Weather will be a non factor as well. We have a very good shot at this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information