Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Let this sink in

UL Softball Let this sink in

Think about this IF! If the Cajuns didn't get screwed out of hosting a regional, probably number 15, they would have been matched up with UCLA. UCLA just went two and barbecue.

UL Softball Let this sink in

Roarman, just reminded me that if the Cajuns would have got the projected #15 seed they would have been matched up with the #2 UCLA regional. More than likely the Cajuns would have won the Lafayette regional and would have hosted the Supers in Lafayette. UCLA went 0-2 in there own Regional.

Default Re: Softball. Other games of interest.

Woulda shoulda coulda:

Should have beaten UCLA in February.

Shoulda been seeded. Maybe 15.

Coulda hosted a regional and hosted a super if we’d won.

Really cool to see. “Mid majors” baby.

Default Re: Softball. Other games of interest.

Very happy to see UCLA eliminated as a #2 seed and get eliminated in 2 games no less. I bet there are some shocked and unhappy Bruin fans right now.

Default Re: Let this sink in

The west coast and PAC12 specifically was the home of the best softball in the country for a long time. That has changed over the last decade or so. Very similar to PAC12 football…relevance is fading.

Could have been paired with a struggling Baylor as a 2. If you’re into projections.

7. Default Re: Let this sink in

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Think about this IF! If the Cajuns didn't get screwed out of hosting a regional, probably number 15, they would have been matched up with UCLA. UCLA just went two and barbecue.
    Losing to two christian schools nonetheless, I remember when Jay Walker said christian schools are not a good fit playing against public schools.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Losing to two christian schools nonetheless, I remember when Jay Walker said christian schools are not a good fit playing against public schools.
    The University of Southern California is a private Methodist school. Many don’t realize this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univ.ern_California

9. Default Re: Let this sink in

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The University of Southern California is a private Methodist school. Many don’t realize this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univ.ern_California
    Correct, but was not involved in this nor any regional, nor last I checked do they even have a softball team (at least they didnt five years ago)

I'll give you 1 reason why the landscape of NCAA softball has shifted from PAC-12 supremacy to SEC/ACC/BIG12.money

11. Default Re: Let this sink in

MONEY $$$$$ runs the world . . .

12. Default Re: Let this sink in

The super regional is very winnable for the Cajuns. McNeese just showed exposed how weak Washington's pitching is. The Cajuns need to leave early because it is a journey to get to Seattle. My daughter played there twice during her career and she said that the trip up there was brutal if you are flying commercial. I wonder if the NCAA is paying for a charter flight up there?

After the snubbing from the selection committee. this is our best case scenario. Very winnable series.

How did Mcnice lose that lead?

15. Default Re: Let this sink in

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    How did Mcnice lose that lead?
    Gave up 7 and only had 6 . . .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information