Thread: How UCF Moved to the P5

Default How UCF Moved to the P5

UCF's movement from the MAC to CUSA to AAC to Big 12 is something for us to ponder as we compare that to what UL has done / not done in that regard.

Also, check out the enrollment at UCF. Over 70,000 students and over 60,000 undergrads and that was 2021. Have to believe the majority of that is students enrolled in on-line learning as their campus cannot possible handle that many students. Which begs the question, how many UL students are enrolled in on-line learning classes and does UL count even one student with a 3 hour on-line class as an undergrad for enrollment? If not, why not? On-line learning has exploded over the last few years, yet UL's enrollment has not as we continually struggle to reach 20,000 students.

Default Re: How UCF Moved to the P5

"UCF offers more than 230 degrees through 13 colleges at 10 regional campuses. "
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univer.entral_Florida

I have mentioned this here before, but when the 'Belt added FIU and FAU, I asked Ray why. He said that both schools had larger athletic budgets than we did, before they sold a ticket or raised a dollar in donations.

UCF was founded in 1963. Their dramatic rise is a result of rapid FL population growth, and until recently, having a state government that was highly supportive of higher education.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    "UCF offers more than 230 degrees through 13 colleges at 10 regional campuses. "
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univer.entral_Florida
    and until recently, having a state government that was highly supportive of higher education.
    We do too as long as it's LaSUe the government is supporting. Our government sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    We do too as long as it's LaSUe the government is supporting. Our government sucks.
    You are mistaken, but I'm afraid I cannot explain here. And I probably won't explain anywhere else.

But the clues are all over the place. Let me simply say that what they don't know, can't hurt us.

Let's face it. We really haven't grown like we should have since the 60s. We got passed up and it's now near impossible to ever catch up.

6. Default Re: How UCF Moved to the P5

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Let's face it. We really haven't grown like we should have since the 60s. We got passed up and it's now near impossible to ever catch up.
    If one looks at a graft of student body growth for the first 60 years, and the second 60 years, it is easy to see you are correct.

The UCF campus is huge. UCF online enrollment was 6,600 for 2021-2022, less than 10% of fulltime students.

https://www.ucf.edu/about-ucf/facts-D.%20students.

What's up guys

Attached Images Attached Images  

9. Default Re: How UCF Moved to the P5

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    it seems like a catch 22, on one hand some want higher enrollment, but during that time we set the bar higher and higher for more stringent enrollment/acceptance standards, ergo tier 1. hard to do both. also when i hear term “regional campus” it reminds me of ga. state, they also on paper had a huge increase in “enrollment” but all they did was change the sign on a junior college system called ga. perimeter college and started calling it ga state univ.
    (and all the free buildings they got, dorms from 1996 olympic village and now turner field)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    This is a losers mentality. If our administration actually feels this way then we have huge problems.

Times have changed and our biggest hurdle we have to overcome is our own problems.

Thread Information