Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 9, Southern Miss 11

UL Baseball BB G3 Final: Louisiana 9, Southern Miss 11

Name:  Southern Miss 2023.png
Views: 445
Size:  524.8 KB

Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss | Game 3

I hope we didn't use up all our runs yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I hope we didn't use up all our runs yesterday.
    Hear that. This should be a very good one today.

4. Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss | Game 3

I believe we will repeat the runs on SM today . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I believe we will repeat the runs on SM today . . .
    If thats the prediction I might need to re-stock the fridge

Rawls insured a win. If we lose today, it won’t affect our tournament standings and Rawls will e available, according to Jay last night, hence, Rawls closed.

7. Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss | Game 3

Quote Originally Posted by raoul View Post
    Rawls insured a win. If we lose today, it won’t affect our tournament standings and Rawls will e available, according to Jay last night, hence, Rawls closed.
    SCREAMS lack of confidence with a 10-RUN lead.

Better safe than sorry

C’mon man! Rawls available today according to Bab.

10. Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss | Game 3

C’mon man! Rawls available today according to Bab.
    For sure, but it's like GoneGolfin said, they hadn't seen his stuff before, and now they have.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We’ll see today . . . that was like putting 8 condoms when one would have done the job . . .
    That's a whole lots of rain coats!!!!

Time to sure up the 3rd position in the tournament

13. UL Baseball Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss | Game 3

First, it very well could affect the tournament seedings and final conference finish. If the Cajuns win and App State defeats Troy, the Cajuns are the #3 seed and will be in the Southern Miss side of the bracket . playing with confidence and feeling like the favorites to make it to Sunday. BTW, the Troy/App State game is an hour behind our game today.

Second, of course Rawls is available today. It was never about whether he would be available. It was about being as fresh as possible such that he could go as long as possible . and . that USM would not have any experience at the plate against him.

Look, again . I understand the reasons for using him to *try* to shut the door in the 9th (they got some good swings on him in the 9th . definitely did not like that). I simply do not agree and think that there are some very good reasons why you do not do that. But that is ok . we can have differences of opinion. There are many many coaches that would not have handled it the way Deggs did . and that is ok too.

Brian

Agreed

15. Default Re: Louisiana @ Southern Miss | Game 3

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    First, it very well could affect the tournament seedings and final conference finish. If the Cajuns win and App State defeats Troy, the Cajuns are the #3 seed and will be in the Southern Miss side of the bracket . playing with confidence and feeling like the favorites to make it to Sunday.

Second, of course Rawls is available today. It was never about whether he would be available. It was about being as fresh as possible such that he could go as long as possible . and . that USM would not have any experience at the plate against him.

Look, again . I understand the reasons for using him to *try* to shut the door in the 9th (they got some good swings on him in the 9th . definitely did not like that). I simply do not agree and think that there are some very good reasons why you do not do that. But that is ok . we can have differences of opinion. There are many many coaches that would not have handled it the way Deggs did . and that is ok too.

Brian
    ……Been out of the know for a long time but doubt if he was put in to just finish them off ….could it be a new pitching procedure of stretching/loosening the arm for the next day…again have no idea but was used in kicking the day before the game…full speed but hardly used only a brief period maybe to experience the setting…did somebody question the coach? could maybe they be throwing a different starter and keeping him for today in relief……very interesting!!!

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information